Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x635

We Support Our Troops: Just A Slogan?

3 posts in this topic

"We Support Our Troops"

I see this slogan on a ton of different emergency vehicles.

But is it just a slogan? Or do the people actually support the troops? I'm talking about community supply drives, helping soldiers families while they are away, keeping local war monuents well-kept and relative, preferential hiring of vetrans or supporting vetrans causes, adopt a brigade, the list goes on and on with what you can do to truly "Support Our Troops".

I just feel that it's just a bumper sticker like saying, for some, that may reflect just an opinion, and it shouldn't be. Yes, it's a great reminder, but actions speak louder then words.

For me it's not a slogan, it's real. We provide fire rigs for 5 events a year for our military. 9/11 is coming up fast and we still need to remember that tragic day. I belong to WWP and simply buy a shirt that provides anything that our men and women may need. We cannot and must not ever forget our heros including the fire fighters that are on a one year tour of duty. My family thanks each and everyone of them. God Bless.

The IAFF Local in West Haven does Red Shirt Fridays, and I think the proceeds from the shirts go to one of the military charities.

North Haven FD has a member who is a Reservist with the SEALs, they did some pretty cool shirts and the proceeds when to either Wounded Warrior Project, Special Operations Warrior Foundation, or one of the similar organizations.

I always wondered, how do you get set up with a military unit to "adopt" them? I'd like to set something like that up but I don't really know how to get started.

Edited by SageVigiles