Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MoFire390

(Delivered) Maimonides Medical Center EMS

8 posts in this topic

Miamondies EMS has taken delivery of 5 new Demers MXP-150 Type 1 F-450 crew cab ambulances. Attached is the link of one on the trucks they recived.

Link : www.nervinc.com/recent

Good luck to MIAMO on the new trucks

Seen one when I was down at work. They look so much better in person. Sweet rigs.

Why are there 3 types of ambulances that Miamondies uses?

There is a 4 door Ford F-450, a 2 door F-450 and a Mercedes-Benz Sprinter that all have been delivered to MMC.

Is one type for medical transport and one type for 911?

I would imagine that the 4 door is for long distance non-emergent transport while the 2 door is for 911 and the Benz is for local non-emergent.

Do they really use the 4 door cab doing 9-1-1? I'd rather have a smaller rig to do "street" jobs. But I can see using it with a student or observer.

EmsFirePolice likes this

Maimo's ALS buses sit quite a distance from their ED, the extra space really helps on those 16 hour tours. This doesn't look any larger then their other ALS buses... FDNY EMS and St. Luke's Roosevelt EMS also runs extended cabs and its been working just fine for them.

I can also vouch for the fact that working up an ALS job in the back of a sprinter *sucks*. Keep them for transport or BLS.

Do they really use the 4 door cab doing 9-1-1? I'd rather have a smaller rig to do "street" jobs. But I can see using it with a student or observer.

Do you also think this about the new 4-door FDNY EMS Dodge's???

They are a godsend to the crews using them.

Nice looking truck! I wouldn't guess it was a Demer's. The patient compartment is the only difference. Lots of room to work back there. A lot of private companies here in Boston have one Demer's truck only. My guess is that they get a good deal to get them in the door but they don't get a lot of takers after that first unit. That extra room looks like a godsend up front!

Edited by DWC295

Newsbuff, from talking with a couple guys who work on the dodges they say they are awful. One said he gets thrown around because the suspension is too hard. Another said it sits to high off the ground.

If you look at the demers it sits low for a 4x4. Not really a high step to the box or the cab.

Demers is getting very popular they were voted innovators of the year at the past JEMS conf. There will be 2 regular cab T-1's coming to Westchester soon. When I first saw the truck I wasn't sure what to think however the more and more I looked at it on line I was pretty excited!