Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Disaster_Guy

Shoutbox Edit Shout Feature

8 posts in this topic

I noticed it is no longer possible to edit your Shouts in the Shoutbox after this downtime. This was a great feature, can we get it back?

peterose313 likes this

I noticed it is no longer possible to edit your Shouts in the Shoutbox after this downtime. This was a great feature, can we get it back?

I second that

I second that

That has been an ongoing problem for me. I ALWAYS have to refresh the page and retype it and delete one and paste the other one, It's probably a simple fix but it is very frusterating.

That has been an ongoing problem for me. I ALWAYS have to refresh the page and retype it and delete one and paste the other one, It's probably a simple fix but it is very frusterating.

I can't even do that anymore. I click on edit and after I type in my edit once the little box pops up, nothing happens with I click "Edit Shout."

PFDRes47cue likes this

There are a few underlying issues concerning this, the site staff is discussing our options.... stay tuned.

x635 and peterose313 like this

It seems there was a software error, the shout edit feature was never "taken away", portions of that forum module somehow failed and stopped working.

Seth has upgraded the shoutbox software and things should be fully operational again.

Can someone please try editing their shout and report back if it was successful, or not.

Thanks

x635 likes this

It seems there was a software error, the shout edit feature was never "taken away", portions of that forum module somehow failed and stopped working.

Seth has upgraded the shoutbox software and things should be fully operational again.

Can someone please try editing their shout and report back if it was successful, or not.

Thanks

It's still not running smooth. It works if I click on the edit and then hit the refresh button and click edit shout. I still can't just type what I want and then click edit shout with no hassle. The "clear" button doesn't work either.

Edited by peterose313

Yeah, as Jimmy said, still the same, have to refresh and do several steps before it actually edits it. Nothing changed.