SageVigiles

Emergency Management Logos/Patches

11 posts in this topic

Our office is trying to develop a way to market our Office of Emergency Management and be better recognized by city employees and residents when we're out in the field, so we figured developing some kind of logo or patch to help advertise our agency would be a relatively easy way to do that.

I'm trying to find some examples of Emergency Management agency patches or logos, google searches didn't come up with much that "wowed" me. Can anyone post any pictures of their Emergency Management agency's logos or patches? I'm trying to get something professional but that will attract attention and reflect the various missions we support.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks, yours was actually one that immediately came to mind when doing some research, I already grabbed to put in the idea file, I like that crest style logo in general.

I am personally a fan of the old red white and blue Civil Defense Logo. I have seen one updated that replaced the CD with EM, but it seemed to lack something. I don't know if if was because the agency is usually known as OEM or if it was because E & M don't look like oposite semicircles the way C & D do. I am not that big a fan of the crest design in general or in the way that they often get divided into sections like that as the content of the sections inevitably end up stepping on someones toes. I remember seeing a badge center in a catalog once that was a purple square withe a white triangle inside it and no lettering. It always looked more corporate to me than public safety. Once thought is to include the black on white skyline that is part of the CERT logo, as CERTs are usually part of OEM.

Edited by AFS1970
SageVigiles likes this

• Go to Google images and type Emergency Management Logos, at least 75 + come up.

I must admit I do like the Yonkers patch.

Dutchess County is known as "Emergency Response"

post-3712-0-32840000-1354298132.jpg

Isn't that the overall department and OEM is a division within?

Isn't that the overall department and OEM is a division within?

Yes

Here are a couple of related patches. THe first is for a Red Cross Disaster Team. I think it is kind of a busy looking design with all the disasters clumped together. The second is the old CD logo, polain and simple, but now out of date.

post-4904-0-34743300-1354305587.jpg

post-4904-0-84468100-1354305627.jpg

SageVigiles likes this