Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
cas2383

Anyone sick and tired yet?

13 posts in this topic

I have been along the sound shore working lately, am a member in Port Chester and I must say it is annoying to hear the cab company dispatching calls crossing over onto 46.26. It comes over the scanner, pager and house alert system. It is only a matter of time before it poses a serious problem. I think Rye the other day mistook cab 25 for ladder 25 during a call. Does anyone know of anything being done to fix this problem? What can be done?

well if it interfearing with the 911 system of westchester county i think that all the cheifs that have a problem with this should wirte to the head of communications at 60-control and damand that the FCC get involed and stop this Cab Co from interfearing with us doing our job :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored:

From what I understand everywhere in the county is having this problem even up here in Somers and northern parts if it starts interfering with fire comm. then someone should alert the FCC and have it investigated. Wait till someone gets hurt because of it then they will do something unfortunately that will be too late.

My thoughts exactly.... aren't we supposed to be pro-active or something????

One night someone was trying to raise the Cab company on 46.26, and saying "This is a fire dept. frequency, get off the air!"

It hasn't been as bad in the last couple of weeks, but still someone should be on the case (FCC...)

FCC will only investigate if an abuse report is filed. It's like in that Christian Slater movie (Pump Up the Volume) where they have black vans driving around looking for pirate radio signals. IF they don't know, they don't care. :wink:

Wasn't it the West Harrison repeater link--453.000 to 46.26 causing this?

They havent been using that for awhile now.

FCC will only investigate if an abuse report is filed.

how do we get the FCC involed? this has got to stop

NEW YORK OFFICE (NY)

Federal Communications Commission

201 Varick St., Suite 1151

New York, NY 10014-4870

The Enforcement Bureau's Regional and Field Offices are responsible for handling a variety of on-scene investigations and inspections in response to complaints and in support of the Commission's operations. For example, field agents conduct routine on-site inspections of radio facilities, cable systems and antenna structures to determine compliance with applicable FCC rules. Field agents also investigate unauthorized operation in violation of Section 301 of the Communications Act. In conjunction with the Enforcement Bureau's Spectrum Enforcement Division and the FCC's Office of General Counsel, field agents assist the Department of Justice with in rem seizures of equipment used by unauthorized operators.

Can see if you can get a local phone number by calling the toll free number: 888-CALL-FCC (225-5322).

The more people who contact them, the better. And don't call up and just start whining about a random transmission. Call/Write armed with evidence including frequencies involved, possible identities/locations of offenders, dates/times, etc. A single event isn't evidence enough as atmoshperic conditions can cause interference from time to time. Regular occurances however definatly warrant investigation, especially if emergency transmissions are interferred with. DHS might even get involved.

I haven't heard it in a week or so since they shut the link off.

The Taxi Cabs, NYPD, Etc. on 46.26 was caused by one of the many UHF links to 46.26.

The link in question was shut down to see if it stops. It appears that it did, fingers crossed!

Not only was it annoying but dangerous to everyone in emergency services.