JetPhoto

Dutchess County - Firefighter Test - March 9, 2013

38 posts in this topic

how did you find out those results?

Test results are available to county employees, and I did the math

billy98988 likes this

It replaces the old list and as departments need to hire they can canvas off the top of the list

Understandable but is there any upcoming hiring or is it unknown as of now?

I'm 95 on the county list, as of the revision. Doubt they will ever get that high, especially not on a residency list.

Q) Is there any Dutchess County Police or Fire tests upcoming? Do they encompass all the towns AND the Cities? Thanx!

Arlington (fire and fire based transporting EMS with EMT/Paramedic)

City of Poughkeepsie (first response EMS only, transport by commercial EMS)

LaGrange (fire and fire based transporting EMS with EMT/Paramedic)

Fairview (fire based BLS transporting EMS)

City of Beacon (first response EMS only, transport by VAC EMS)

Pleasant Valley (first response EMS , transport by commercial EMS or vollie Ambulance with career member on occasion. Daytime staffing only for now)

New Hackensack (?...this one always escaped me..)

In addition, the Castle Point FD is a career, federal (I beleive; perhaps Beekman could verify?) department, that does not hire off of the civil service list.

Not sure if anyone is hiring, but every year more jobs are getting bigger due to dwindling volunteer ranks, except the PFD..they fighting for what little manpower they have)

And let me add - that if this test is valid for three years or so...i would ANTICIPATE volunteer departments in manpower crisis states to start looking to hire, even if they follow Pleasant Valley's lead with daytime only, and even if it is just as a "driver" capacity..but we all know that a foot in the door is a foot in the door, and today's "driver" will be tommorow's Senior Man.

I believe New Hackensack has one full time career firefighter and one, perhaps two per diem FF to cover sick days, vacation, etc.