Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mfc2257

Millwood NY B95FSW 1144 - Ex Engine 245

18 posts in this topic

When I restored the General Ike (B85F 1242) from my old college department in Gettysburg, I requested information from the Mack museum about Millwood's B95 as well. The truck resides today in Circleville, and I'm not sure if I can ever get it back, but I intend (when finances permit) to approach the gentleman up there about purchasing it with the intent to restore and donate back to MFC.... In the meantime here are some photos for all of us who fondly remember the original Millwood Engine 5 or in County DES terms E-245... I responded to my very first alarm as a FF on this rig to a Yorktown job tucked deep into a small cutout of the Millwood Fire District on near the intersection of Adams and Possum off Pinesbridge Road. T-15 doesn't have an ounce of the class that this old Mack has....

Built entirely at the Mack facility in Allentown, PA (some trucks had bodies and chassis manufactured in separate facilities) with a construction date of 1-31-1959 and a delivery date of 3-26-1959 it was a very progressive rig for it's day (not surprising though as MFC has always been a progressive albeit small department). With a 1500 gal tank, lots of enclosed storage (including the preconnects, hard tubes, and pike poles being covered on the hose bed) enclosed seating for 5ff's, and an early version of a pre-piped foam eductor it was one hell of a rig.

It is one of only two tandem axle Mack B model fire trucks made by the factory. The other was delivered in June of the same year to Gallery Chemical Co. near Pittsburgh, PA as B95FSW 1161.

Enjoy the photos snapped shortly after delivery.....

Photo Credit: Mack Museum - Allentown, PA

post-163-0-74897000-1357927090.jpg

post-163-0-07261400-1357927108.jpg

post-163-0-40183100-1357927123.jpg

Edited by mfc2257
x4093k, BFD1054, x129K and 5 others like this

I remember this rig very well and the jeep with the trailer also.

I remember this rig very well and the jeep with the trailer also.

Gerry - Were you Chief during the Bethea Drive fire on that snowy night in '93 or '94? Rode on it to that job too.

The Jeep with the trailer, as far as I know are still owned by Tony & Richie Polcari and aren't too far north in Putnam County. Last I saw of the Jeep it was complete but unrestored.

Does anyone have contact info for the Jeep owners? I have one I am restoring, and would love to check out the ex Milleood one. I even have a picture of it taken at a Valhalla Muster I can give them a copy of.

x129K likes this

It made it up to circleville last I knew it was in a garage at a Christmas tree farm in Dutchess County

It made it up to circleville last I knew it was in a garage at a Christmas tree farm in Dutchess County

I was under the impression that Andy Leider had it???

Maybe Angelo knows and will opine....

The Jeep and trailer is NOT in the Leider collection as far as I know of Summer in 2011.

The Jeep and trailer is NOT in the Leider collection as far as I know of Summer in 2011.

Jeep is in a family garage... I was referencing the Mack being in Andy's collection

Ed I was at the bethea drive fire as a Deputy Chief, I was actually the chauffer on 119.

question, if I remember right this was Millwood's old tanker right ?? how did the off load the water ? was it with a plastic pipe ???

question, if I remember right this was Millwood's old tanker right ?? how did the off load the water ? was it with a plastic pipe ???

Pumped it out.... Tank to pump... Pump to discharges... A little slow but it worked before all the big dog tankers in service today!

what happened to the christmas tree farm? did all the rigs get sold off?

Sorry guys, on vacation in Myrtle Beach with 210. Last I knew the Mack was and still is in Putnam Valley. A lot of the rigs that were at the Christmas tree farm that were left outside are now in Circleville. The Millwood Mack, one of the owners favorites was placed inside the new building (see Seth's photo's).

PCFD eng 58 did ardsley's old seagrave go up to circleville that was outside