Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x635

Boston In Yonkers

9 posts in this topic

So today, I'm working and enroute to Quizno's on Tuckahoe Road. What do I find? Several Boston PD cars, several Mass SP cars, and a Boston EMS bus!! In Yonkers! I will have photos up tommorow!

Pretty cool for me. First city I worked EMS in and the first city I worked as a Medic in came and visited lol.

In reality, these were cars for a movie they were filming.

Do you know what the scoop is on the movie? Are they using parts of Yonkers to represent Boston? What movie is it anyway?

It's for Martin Scorcese's "The Departed" about Boston gangsters and they are filming now in Brooklyn and will be going back and forth to Boston to also film. Not sure if they are shooting in Yonkers and/or elsewhere locally. Anybody finds out, please post.

Happy Memorial Day

About a month ago I saw them filming a scene at a Diner on Saw Mill River Rd in Elmsford.

Steve, what you saw at the diner was filming of "Freedomland" not "The Departed." Both films are using production offices at 291 Tuckahoe Road.

x635--If you can, take pictures of YPD Foam Unit and L71 being auctioned and are now parked on the Yonkers Avenue entrance at Yonkers Raceway.

Other people are curious about these two rigs being auctioned next month.

Thanks

Dr. Zuki

Photos are up.

Why wouldn't you just film a film that takes place in Boston IN Boston??????

x635,

Because some of it takes place in the NYC area.

And even if they fake some of Boston down here, it benefits the film community in general. Hope they shoot in Yonkers and Westchester. Will post later if I find out any location information. Looks like "Freedomland" is returning to the school on Ashburton Avenue used last week as a New Jersey police precinct.

Happy Memorial Day to all

x635,

Because some of it takes place in the NYC area.

Then why would they have Boston PD, Mass SP, and BEMS vehicles in NYC???

And even if they fake some of Boston down here, it benefits the film community in general.

Boston could use the benefit too. NYC and Yonkers just offer better financial incentives.

x635,

The prop cars are here for transport for use in Boston. The company that fabricated them is located in Red Hook section of Brooklyn.They will be towed to Boston when needed. Not sure if they will fake any Boston scenes down here. Regardless, at least none of the film is being shot in Canada. NY State does stand in for other places, believe it or not. Parts of Brooklyn doubled for Boston in Howard Stern's "Private Parts" just to name one example. NYC and NY State are offering financial incentives to filmmakers.