Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x635

Caterpillar has announced that its B15 Android Rugged Smartphone

6 posts in this topic

Will these phones make their way to the fire service?

Caterpillar, the maker of heavy-duty construction equipment, has announced that its B15 Android phone is headed to the U.S.icon1.png market. Rated to survive a 6-foot drop onto a concrete surface, this $349 beast looks like it would be right at home on any construction site. The device is made of silver anodized aluminium and shock absorbent rubber, which helps limit damage.

Naturally, we had to go hands-on with the Caterpillar B15 to see just how durable it is.

Read more: http://blog.laptopmag.com/caterpillar-b15-rugged-smartphone-headed-to-u-s-for-349?cmpid=514625

EmsFirePolice likes this

I like the concept, though it's on the lower end of power and that giant CAT logo on it has to go. Hopefully this first phone wont be their last!

thats pretty cool. seems like everyone is getting into the phone biz these days

I kind of like the CAT logo. I can see a big market for this phone with emergency services agencies. I'm going to wait to see if AT&T is going to pick it up, and considering reviews, may trade in my current HTC One X.

Cool concept but just seems to be an android phone that comes pre-fit with a beefed up Otter Box, who by the way makes a case, the Armor Series that is waterproof for 30 minutes in 6.6 ft., survives 10 ft. drops, allows for zero entry of dust and debris and can withstand two tons of crushing force.. Don't know if I would jump to a heavy equipment company to provide my cell phone any more than I would do my stress test on the Dyno at the local repair shop.

http://www.otterbox.com/armor-series/armor-series,default,pg.html

Edited by PEMO3