NOZ45ZLE

SPY SHOTS- City Of Yonkers Medical Evacuation Transport Unit

45 posts in this topic

If I had to guess I would say with pd being that it is black and white and I believe the paper in the window said Yonkers pd

OK What Station With PD. ?

Will this be accessible for use to agencies outside of Yonkers? If so, great! If not, I give it six months before one is sitting outside DES in Valhalla.

Also, I would imagine they don't put the Empress logo on, God forbid Empress ever changed names or lost the Yonkers contract. Re-lettering gets expensive...

x4093k and PEMO3 like this

Will this be accessible for use to agencies outside of Yonkers? If so, great! If not, I give it six months before one is sitting outside DES in Valhalla.

yes, its required for UASI funding & DES has one on order I believe

Tomorrow at 11:30am Mayor Spano and Yonkers PD will be holding a press conference at the Cacace Justice Center to unveil the new Major Emergency Transportation Unit (METU).

The METU is funded by the FEMA Urban Area Security Initiative Grant Program.

Nice! I know this is grant funded, and based on the colors, I assume it was PD who got the grant.

I would like to see the Empress patch on it though.

I was wondering if this was the one Chief Volk mentioned at a recent regional meeting. My guess is DES is getting one as well. Will be good to have for nursing/assisted living evacuations like the Westledge or Atria Ossining evacs.

I was wondering if this was the one Chief Volk mentioned at a recent regional meeting. My guess is DES is getting one as well. Will be good to have for nursing/assisted living evacuations like the Westledge or Atria Ossining evacs.

Yes, this was Volk was talking about.

were is the Empress patch????

Empress is not a UASI partner nor did they contribute any funding for the project. Why should their patch be on it?

No disrespect to Empress but they're a contractor. The contract could change and it could be somebody else providing Yonkers with 911 EMS. It used to change often, hence the term velcro patches.

SageVigiles likes this

So I hear they got to use this vehicle for the little fender bender on the Bronx River the other day (24 cars/45 injuries).

Just a question - who is providing the staffing for it once patients are on board? Is it PD, FD, or Empress?

How many medical providers were aboard with the 21 patients during transport?

Thanks for any insight.

I saw a similar unit at NY Chiefs that was for Suffolk County and the price wasn't too bad I think around $100k. it would be great if the heavier populated areas had a county bus for mass transports such as evac's from nursing homes / hospitals or other MCI's

The Vehicle used in Suffolk County is not part of the METU Program... suffolk has a MERV (Major Emergency Response Vehicle).. very similar to METU but slight changes to design... funny tho. they send the MERV to Major fires or below freezing weather. and ridiculously enough they wont allow FF on it to rehab... so basically serves "almost" no purpose...