Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Arbrow06

Private EMS in NYC

9 posts in this topic

Hey I know there are a few private EMS agencies in NYC. Some which are non FDNY 911.

What kind of calls do these actually go on besides IFTs. Cause I hear some are so busy you don't even have time to eat lunc.

"Emergencies" that come out of contract locations, such as NH's, clinic's, Doctors's Offices, etc. They can range from abnormal lab results, to Chest Pains and possible MI's.

I've picked up my fair share of true emergencies out of rehab clinics, substance abuse shelter's, and places of that nature.

IFT's and general hospital discharges back to residence's homes are also in there.(If a bedbound person went in on a stretcher, they need a stretchter to go home too...)

The other big thing we do are Dialysis transports...Hundred's per day. and the patient has to go every 2 days, so that keeps crews busy.

I work for one of those companies that we "barely have time to eat", and yes, it's miserable at times.

Edited by newsbuff

Don't some private EMS agencies also have contracts for hotels, office buildings, skyscrapers etc.

Now everyone has a cell phone and calls 911 so that may have effected it somewhat, but I thought in certain facilities security would call a private company directly

"Emergencies" that come out of contract locations, such as NH's, clinic's, Doctors's Offices, etc. They can range from abnormal lab results, to Chest Pains and possible MI's.

I've picked up my fair share of true emergencies out of rehab clinics, substance abuse shelter's, and places of that nature.

IFT's and general hospital discharges back to residence's homes are also in there.(If a bedbound person went in on a stretcher, they need a stretchter to go home too...)

The other big thing we do are Dialysis transports...Hundred's per day. and the patient has to go every 2 days, so that keeps crews busy.

I work for one of those companies that we "barely have time to eat", and yes, it's miserable at times.

What agency is that? And how do you work around being so busy? What times are the busiest for you as well?

The emergencies for hotels offices etc is done through transcare dba fastcare mostly in midtown manhattan they turn out from Roosevelt hosp

The emergencies for hotels offices etc is done through transcare dba fastcare mostly in midtown manhattan they turn out from Roosevelt hosp

There were a lot of downtown/financial district locations as well. Most serviced by TransCare but a few other companies played in that sandbox as well.

Hey I know there are a few private EMS agencies in NYC. Some which are non FDNY 911.

What kind of calls do these actually go on besides IFTs. Cause I hear some are so busy you don't even have time to eat lunc.

TransCare runs non-911 buses out of Mount Vernon/Bronx, Manhattan (TCC), and 14th street in Brooklyn with precious little time for lunch at a generous $11/hr.

What agency is that? And how do you work around being so busy? What times are the busiest for you as well?

PM me