RWC130

Henry "Hank" Reynolds - Cortlandt VAC - 10/3/13

5 posts in this topic

Henry E. Reynolds, of Crugers, died October 3rd, after a long struggle with Cancer. "Hank" was born in Ossining, New York in 1929 to Mary (Dunstan) and Ralph Reynolds. Hank graduated from Ossining High School in 1948 and was married to Jean Blauvelt on July 20, 1952. Hank earned his Eagle Scout award, served in the U.S. Army and was a proud Korean Veteran. Hank was a master carpenter and avid photographer. Hank was a very proud founding member, former president and former board member of the Cortlandt Community Volunteer Ambulance Corp (CCVAC). He was instrumental in the vision, design and construction of the CCVAC Headquarters. He was a former member of the Peekskill Power Squadron, a life member of the Cortlandt Engine Company, a member of the Verplanck Senior's Group, and the unofficial "Historian" of Crugers.

The family will receive family and friends from 4 p.m. to 8 p.m. on Saturday, October 5, 2013 at the Cortlandt Funeral Home. A funeral service will be held on 10 AM on Sunday, October 6, 2013 at the funeral home.

Inurnment will follow at the Hillside Cemetery, Cortlandt Manor, NY.

Cortlandt Funeral Home Inc.

97 Broadway
Verplanck, New York 10596
914-737-1110

Donations may be made in his memory to the

Cortlandt Community Volunteer Ambulance Corps.

Credit: http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/lohud/obituary.aspx?n=henry-e-reynolds&pid=167328604&fhid=27177#fbLoggedOut

BFD1054 and irishfire2491 like this

HANK, You sure will be missed, Hank was absolute roll model to all the members of CCVAC, A man who actually built CCVAC from the Ground UP with his bare hands. RIP Hank Reynolds< EX Captain O'Brien

BFD1054 likes this

Hank was one of my favorite people to just shoot the breeze with at CCVAC. When he talked about the Corps, he did so with great enthusiasm and pride. I remember doing a lot of calls with him, but one sticks out more. We had an infant cardiac arrest on Christmas morning, in the snow. I got on scene first and was doing CPR, when the rig showed up with him behind the wheel. When the call was done, we were driving back to HQ and he began to give me yet another history lesson on the area and how Crugers is it's own community, like it never happened. I swear we had that same conversation a dozen times over the years.

You'll be missed, Hank. Thanks for the memories.

John Munson, former 8812 / 8860.

BFD1054 likes this

I rode for CCVAC when I was in High School. I remember we had a trailer (old mobile home) for equipment,

meetings at the library and both van ambulances were parked outside. CCVAC for many years didn't have a

a place to call home.

Hank is a BIG part of why CCVAC now has a headquarters. I remember him spending hours, days, weeks

and months working on the building. All for his community and the members of CCVAC. As mentioned he built

it with his bare hands.

Many times he stopped what he was doing to jump in the ambulance and respond to a call.

Once the call was over right back to work. He did this for no money. He was a Volunteer.

I am happy I had a chance to see him a few months ago at the Paradise in Verplanck.

GOD BLESS YOU HANK.... YOU WILL BE MISSED!

BFD1054 and MoFire390 like this