puszka23

FDNY List Status

13 posts in this topic

Good Evening everyone my name is Alex.

I'm new to this site.

My question is regarding the test I took 1 year ago. I took the fdny test and got a score of 88. I know its a long long list of people still waiting. But I was wondering if anyone new where fdny is in terms of the list... Are they further down the list at all??

Its my dream to work for the fdny. I've been trying for years. I'm also a volunteer fire fighter if that makes any difference, but i doubt it. I've read in the papers applicants are not getting hired because of the physical agility test.

shfirefighter likes this

Have you called up a number on anything you've received back from the FDNY? how did you do on the physical?

Don't think he got called for the physical yet goes by your score don't think they got anywhere near the 88 range yet. Heard if you didnt get at least a 95 it didn't look good at getting hired

Edited by goon16

Good Evening everyone my name is Alex.

I'm new to this site.

My question is regarding the test I took 1 year ago. I took the fdny test and got a score of 88. I know its a long long list of people still waiting. But I was wondering if anyone new where fdny is in terms of the list... Are they further down the list at all??

Its my dream to work for the fdny. I've been trying for years. I'm also a volunteer fire fighter if that makes any difference, but i doubt it. I've read in the papers applicants are not getting hired because of the physical agility test.

If you're gung-ho for this job, you need to take the EMT exam and get on EMS. The promotional exam is the closest thing to certainty you'll find in getting on this job. Anything is possible, but a score of 88 is not likely to be reached. The projection is to reach some of those with a score of 97.

i got a 96 test #2000 and am sitting at 12735 on the list.. i haven't gotten called for the physical. i already work for FDNY EMS so im just waiting on the promotional to come back out next year or two

BFD389RET and spyda308 like this

i got a 96 test #2000 and am sitting at 12735 on the list.. i haven't gotten called for the physical. i already work for FDNY EMS so im just waiting on the promotional to come back out next year or two

Good, that's your way on. However, the next promo will be in 2016. Time flies, just stick it out.

Edited by M' Ave
Cgallo39, spyda308 and BFD389RET like this

Well, the real deal is that we don't know 'when' the next firefighter exam will be, but traditionally it is held every 4 years, with the last one held in 2012. Straight from the recruitment unit role play lol

Unfortunately it was stated by the FDNY last year that the only applicants who had a chance at getting hired were the ones that scores a 97 or higher (in reference to the open competitive exam). I know that as of right now they haven't even reached the applicants who scored a 100 on the test because I have a friend who scored a 100 and the FDNY still has not contacted him. Considering so many people received similar scores it is possible that they reached the 100's but just have not reached his list number. Another friend of mine who I spoke with a month ago received a 103 and said that he already completed everything and he was set for the January academy. They are most likely around 101-102 right now. I also have a cousin who received a 99 and as of a few days ago said they still have not contacted him. They barely even cracked into the open competitive list considering only 22 or so guys from the OC list have made it to the academy thus far. I agree with the last posts if you really want the job get your EMT asap so you can apply for the next EMT exam which will probably be next September as the last exam just occurred.

Scored a 95, #11,108.....still taking every test lol

Well, the real deal is that we don't know 'when' the next firefighter exam will be, but traditionally it is held every 4 years, with the last one held in 2012. Straight from the recruitment unit role play lol

You're right, a group of whiners could sue and then we won't hire for 5 years......wait, that just happened.

velcroMedic1987 likes this

It has been stated by @JoinFDNY and other official sources that it will be every 4 years, in conjunction with the OC test.