Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x635

Former Pleasantville FD Engine 90 1970 ALF For Sale

8 posts in this topic

Wish I could, but no money, or place to store. My Homeowners Association would flip their lid (it was bad enough when I had the chief's car)

hatr1k likes this

They can't get enough money for this to justify its departure. Either keep it or donate it. Why after all this time are they parting with a gem?

How about a little more in the description. What kind of Detroit? 671, 6v71, 8v71? What automatic? Hale pump? ALF pump?

EDIT:

I am sensitive to financial times and being a good steward of taxpayers money. This rig however would make a great training piece for PFDs new drivers. It is invaluable to teach folks on a non computerized rig so they understand foreground hydraulics at their fundamentals.

I'm sure the residents of the Pleasantville fire district have made donations for sillier things than fire apparatus. This rig would serve in Kentucky, Tennessee, Alabama, Arkansas, or even in our NY's own rural backyard upstate for many years to come.

EDIT 2: my dumb ass didn't realize it was in private hands already. Ignore my rant in the paragraph above.

I'd still like to know what Detroit is in it... Out 1976 ALF Century (the original E247) had an 8v71 and flew off the line. ALF pump would pull a draft out of the nastiest and shallowest of places... The stream in Mt Kisco behind the Gap and the police station comes to mind!!!!

Edited by mfc2257

It was originally a manual transmission untill the district decided to make it an automatic. Not sure as to the type of Detroit. . The pump panel was on the passenger side.

The old 90 has been in private ownership for the last 7 years or so, it is down in Virginia. Current owner is looking to sell it , due to another purchase he made. When sold it had a full lightbar, which the owner replaced with a more period correct rotator. rear lights were replaced as well

IIRC it is a Hale two stage 1500 pump. As for the Detroit, 671 I think...not totally positive on that

Edited by grumpyff