Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
EMT111

Garden State Plaza Shooting

3 posts in this topic

Is it just me, or are some of the reports coming out of the shooting at the Garden State Plaza a little creepy? Who would enter a mall, dressed at least to conceal his/her identity, if not in tactical gear/body armor like the reports suggest, with an assault rifle, fire shots, but not at people, and then walk around the mall, not shoot anymore, and vanish despite the massive police response in progress? Also, the reports of the shooter talking to himself and even waving (as in hi) to people (reported by at least one witness)? In my opinion, the suspect came in and followed whatever his plan was (whether it was to scare a lot of people or test police response for future reference or something else.) This has crazy/nut job/EDP written all over it, to the level of James Holmes in Aurora last year and they need to find this suspect before he comes out again, because if he gets the chance, he'll probably try for bigger and better, in his opinion.

Suspect killed himself, no injured civilians or MOS. Sounds like a good result to me.

BFD1054 likes this

The bigger story of this terrible situation, is that this seems to be the new norm in our life. Thank God nobody was killed or hurt ( except the gunman), but this is becoming a too more familair with us. We can't be scared of every little thing in this world, but how do we not only as Emergeny Responders but as people do. It's Schools, Movie Theaters, Malls, etc. There has to be some sort of solution for this increasing dillema. Drugs and acess to weapons is the new threat to ALL of our safety. This event at the Garden State Plaza hits close to home for me, my sister works near where the gunman started the shooting. As of now she quit her retail job and is terrified of working in malls again. God Help Us ALL.

BFD1054 likes this