Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x635

(Found) IAO Rye: Missing Service Dog

8 posts in this topic

Heartbreaking....I pray they find this dog alive and well.

RYE, N.Y. -- A Rye family is looking for a missing service dog for a 5-year-old autistic child.

Echo is a small, female black lab weighing approximately 50 to 55 pounds. She was last seen Wednesday around 7 p.m. near Cornerstone Bakery and the Hix Park area in Rye. Her collar is red and says Guiding Eyes for the Blind with their phone number. Echo is microchipped, doesn't bark or bite and is described as very friendly.

If you see Echo, contact Emily at 914-967-2796, Rye police at 914-967-1234 or Guiding Eyes at the number on the collar.

FULL ARTICLE: http://rye.dailyvoice.com/news/rye-family-searches-missing-service-dog

I hope echo is found soon! My cousin has one of these dogs. They are a god sent for families with autistic children!

Very sad.. If the dog is micro chipped, can't they search for it? Hope they find it soon.

No the chip gets scanned if the dog is found to reveal the owner. It's not like LoJack.

EmsFirePolice likes this

This is wonderful! I know it may not seem that significant to everyone here but for myself and mofire390, who have a young relative with one of these dogs, it was enough to bring a tear to this burly rednecks eye! A great big thank you to the person who returned echo!

x635 and MoFire390 like this

So glad they found Echo! Conformation was done by microchip. Guiding eyes is working on a system to locate these dogs in case something like this does happen. I believe it will be implanted in the harness system that the dogs wear when the children are attached to them.