huzzie59

Rockland - Brush Fire

9 posts in this topic

So, How's the operation going?

I see some Westchester Units are there.

It looks like two separate fires for the Channel 5 news helicopter.

What units are there?

Is the plan to let the fire burn itself out? Or????

I was at George's island park today( on the Hudson) and there were times I could not see across to Rockland due the smoke. Pretty steady whine of alarm alert stations coming across the river from Rockland, too.

I know that Briarcliff (Engine 93) was there. I also know that other Westchester departments with tankers and engines with 1000 gal tanks were dispatched to respond.

Click on the department number.

It has that up there now that it's a finished incident. With most incidents though, they'll just post a chief and the department in general, such as for a Suffern incident they'll post: 19-1, 19 fire department.

It has that up there now that it's a finished incident. With most incidents though, they'll just post a chief and the department in general, such as for a Suffern incident they'll post: 19-1, 19 fire department.

FireWatch will never show every unit that responded (except for maybe a very small incident), because that is not how 44-Control logs them in CAD. Only the first responding apparatus and/or officer is logged in CAD for each incident.

When an incident is first created and appears in FireWatch, you will only see "27 Fire Department" until a unit signs in service, then you will see the ID of the first unit in service. If a piece of apparatus signs in service before an officer, you will see the rig's ID. Normally once an officer signs on the air, their ID will also be entered in CAD.

So for this incident, 16-2 signed in first, so he is the only ID noted in CAD. http://www.44-control.net/historicdetails.aspx?cfsid=-149047

For this incident, 17-Rescue signed in before 17-43, so both are logged in CAD. http://www.44-control.net/historicdetails.aspx?cfsid=-149041

Another factor is which unit establishes command or terminates command. Those will also get logged in CAD for each event.

For this call, 6-2 signed in service first, but 6-4 got on scene first and established command, so both were logged. http://www.44-control.net/historicdetails.aspx?cfsid=-149016

If you see the Base Station listed, that means someone acknowledged the call from the firehouse radio, which stops the "4 Minute Rule" countdown clock (AMA is dispatched if no one responds within 4 minutes)

Note that nothing precludes the dispatcher from logging every unit if they're inclined to do so, but it's not policy to do so.

x4093k and x635 like this

tarrytown ossining croton banksville elmsford irvington briacliff.thats what i seen.