Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x635

Amsterdam pays alcoholics in beer to clean streets

6 posts in this topic

WOW! A very good way to clean the streets.

Amsterdam (AFP) - At nine o'clock in the morning in a garden shed behind a house in Amsterdam, a handful of alcoholics are getting ready to clean the surrounding streets, beer and cigarette in hand.

For a day's work, the men receive 10 euros (around $13), a half-packet of rolling tobacco and, most importantly, five cans of beer: two to start the day, two at lunch and one for after work.

FULL ARTICLE: http://news.yahoo.com/amsterdam-pays-alcoholics-beer-clean-streets-162840412.html

Haha! Its all fun and games until someones skull is broken by a broom stick, Quite the genius idea though.

That's awesome, now if we can be paid in beer or JD then I wouldn't have to budget a drinking fund.

That's awesome, now if we can be paid in beer or JD then I wouldn't have to budget a drinking fund.

I'll drink to that! :)

If you give drunks money, they will buy beer. The city can cut out the middleman and buy beer at bulk discount.

Also, every city has a cadre of young bull firefighters. All they think about is getting L........ Never mind...Bad Idea.