Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x635

Great DVD Player Deal At Target!

9 posts in this topic

Recently, I purchased my second Cyberhome brand DVD player from Target for my home (I have a Sony on my main TV, but now with the 2 Cyberhomes all my TV's have DVD players and 2 have Tivos). We also have this player at 45-M-3's station, and are hoping to purchase one for 45-M-1/40-A-2's station.

This DVD player is compact in size, has a large amount of features, and seems to be of good quality. The best part is, it's only $38.99! Comes with the player, remote w/ batteries, and A/V cables.

Just a heads up for a great bargain for your home, firehouse day room, or EMS station!

If you have this DVD player and it somehow gets stuck in Progressive scan mode (screen is unreadable/split thus making it almost impossible to change back because all setting are via OSD) here is the fix I found after some searching - with the machine on - start with the tray closed. Hold the STOP button for 5 seconds (actually can be a short bit longer). Screen should revert back to factory setting. If it doesn't work with the tray open, close the tray and repeat above. We had this happen at 45Medic3 recently and it worked with the tray closed.

The Cyberhome unit stacks up against far more expensive players when it comes to features and playback quality. If you are a total AV Nazi, maybe not for you, but for the rest of us stretcher dogs, the price is right.

The wheels on the fly car go round and round, round and round--then fall off LOL

Glad to see ya back!!!!

Hijacker!!!! :D

Ok--I am a bit on the light side here--define Hijacker!!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TRANSITIVE VERB: Inflected forms: hi·jacked, hi·jack·ing, hi·jacks

1a. Informal To stop and rob (a vehicle in transit). b. To steal (goods) from a vehicle in transit. c. To seize control of (a moving vehicle) by use of force, especially in order to reach an alternate destination. 2a. To steal from as if by hijacking. b. To swindle or subject to extortion.

NOUN: The act or an instance of hijacking.

ETYMOLOGY: Probably back-formation from highjacker, perhaps from jacker, holdup man, from jack, to jacklight.

I saw this in the store but I was reluctant to buy it because I was unsure of the quality since it was so cheap.

It's definatly a decent system for the price. I was stunned to see that it had component outputs on it. The only real thing that it's missing for the true A/V-phile is an optical audio (TOSLink) output. It does have a coax digital but if your reciever doesn't have coax, you're stuck with basic 2 channel audio.