Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
FFPCogs

Most Honest Moment On Television

2 posts in this topic

I don't know if this even belongs here, but after watching it I thought it was something worth sharing. What follows is a clip from the show Newsroom which very well may be the most honest moment on television. Although the clip is a bit long at 8 plus minutes the bickering of the first three are like a set up for the speech which follows and hits dead on. It is a bit of truth worth taking to heart ...and doing something about while we still can!!

Most honest moment on TV? Yeah I think it is.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q49NOyJ8fNA

**Warning: there is some coarse language for the sensitive**

Edited by FFPCogs
Morningjoe likes this

Congressman Henry Waxman of California has announced he is retiring this year after 40 years in Congress. Since 1974 he has participated in shaping this country. He is not alone, his 40 years is not unusual. Whether you like his politics or not is immaterial. My point is that at what place in the timeline of serving in Washington do you lose touch with the people you were sent there to represent? At what point does it stop being about the electorate and start being about yourself?

All of the issues before Congress today have been the same issues before Congress for decades. Health care, immigration, spending, borrowing, education, whatever. They (Congress) never seem to some up with any solutions, just band-aid fixes. We are always in the waiting room, we never get to surgery to fix the problem.

But, we keep sending them back, year after year, term after term and the results are always the same. The only thing that seems to change is that the longer a person is in Congress, the more out of touch they become and the wealthier they become. It's remarkable how many enter with little assets and leave quite wealthy all on a 'reasonable' salary while maintaining homes in two locations? Insider trading for one way, illegal except for Congress. There have always been two sets of rules, one for them, one for the rest of the Country.

Anyway, I agree with the clip, we used to be the greatest nation, we could be again, once we get rid of those who have worked the system from within for the past 20, 30, 40 or more years. Same for the State Houses. Personally I would love to have a job with the pay and benefits and lack of accountability that they all enjoy.

antiquefirelt and FFPCogs like this