mfc2257

LODD - Officer Robert German (Windermere Florida)

8 posts in this topic

Officer Robert German was fatally wounded by two teenage suspects during the early morning hours of Satruday March 22nd.

http://www.wesh.com/news/suspects-in-shooting-of-windermere-police-officer-identified/25114998?tru=A94Ji#mid=18669890

Windermere is the town I work in and may spark folks memory as the town that Tiger Woods lived in prior to his divorce.

I don't bring this up to take away from Officer German's death, but to bring up the point that this is the most unlikely place for an officer involved shooting let alone a LODD. This is a sleepy little town that is nestled among a chain of lakes. It's smaller than Scott's Corners in Pound Ridge. There are no traffic lights in town.

Regardless if you are patrolling Harlem or the swankiest corner of Westchester (or similar) please don't let your guard down. Stay safe.

RIP Officer German.

Edited by mfc2257

Officer German's cruiser was parked in town today and folks have left flowers and notes to the family on it.

post-163-0-98300500-1395689332.png

What a tragedy. RIP.

Some more disturbing facts have been released. How do these people keep slipping through the cracks? It's so sad that it's becoming more and more common, seemingly, that less and less law enforcement officers are going home to their families, while these maniacs roam free thanks to the court system. I don't mean to take away from Officer Germans death, it's just so startling when you hear stories like this.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/breakingnews/os-windermere-officer-killed-teens-20140324,0,3550253.story

Rest In Peace and God bless his family and friends....So sad!