x635

New Fernon iN/X Stretcher

7 posts in this topic

I thought Stryker has Ferno pinned for a while, but this new stretcher blows away their "Powerload" system!

One the best features, besides assisting going down stairs, is the fact that you don't have to buy special equipment for your ambulance just for it.

The "Commercial" video

And the "Features" video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBVssnwQCBE
Ferno Introduces Revolutionary Patient Transport & Loading System

Just as the space shuttle revolutionized and simplified complex space travel and payload delivery to the International Space Station, the new Ferno iN∫X Integrated Patient Transport and Loading System, introduced to the EMS market this month, stands to revolutionize the way EMS crews secure, transfer and load patients in the field.

The Ferno iN∫X is much more than a normal ambulance stretcher. It’s a highly functional state-of-the-art patient transport platform that serves critical functions for the patient and the crews using it.

Developed by Ferno with significant feedback from EMS providers and industry leaders, the iN∫X resembles a sleek, high-performance vehicle that adjusts to the users’ many needs, lifting patients to the level of any ambulance patient compartment with minimal effort on the part of the EMS crew.

One key design element of the iN∫X is its complete transfer of weight to and from the stretcher’s unique frame to the ground or ambulance patient compartment floor, without placing stress or strain on the crew member’s body. This not only offers the patient smoother transit and enhanced comfort, but also significantly reduces the chance of provider back, shoulder, or extremity strain and/or injury.

The integrated loading system has no need for an extra mechanical system in the ambulance, so it won’t affect gross vehicle weight and allows for interoperability—it can easily be transferred to another ambulance when its primary ambulance is out of service.

Plus, the ability to independently raise and lower the front and rear legs of the iN∫X X-frame allows EMS personnel to reduce lifting over stairs, curbs and other obstacles. It also provides a chair mode for easy patient transfer whenever necessary.

Ferno President Joseph Bourgraf is quick to point out “the iN∫X was designed as a system, not a cot, to reduce the risk of injury, increase crew performance, and enhance the delivery of care to the myriad patients crews are being confronted with in the field.”

The iN∫X reflects a significant voice of the EMS community. Ferno took into account key issues and needs of EMTs, paramedics and EMS system administrators captured through numerous focus groups and observational studies. The company also relied on feedback from medical directors, ergonomists, industrial designers, educators, safety risk managers, operations managers and field crews.

EMS systems that beta tested the iN∫X are excited not only about the stretcher’s many advanced features, but also its ability to reduce EMS worker injuries and consequently save their agencies lost employee time and expertise, reducing unnecessary medical insurance and workers’ compensation claims.

Bourgraf says “the iN∫X represents Ferno’s commitment to the development of a ‘no-lift’ solution to the EMS industry and significantly reduce or eliminate injuries from lifting, lowering, loading and unloading patients.”

An integrated lighting system also provides EMS crews with better visibility in dark places, on highways and in other high-hazard areas. The white, side-surround lights illuminate the area on the side of the iN∫X and can be changed to flash between red and white.

Drive lights located on the actuators illuminate the area around the transport wheels.

The device is continuously charged in the cot fastener and eliminates the need for battery management. It does it for you.

The iN∫X has been designed to withstand dynamic crash events that are consistent with aggressive new standards being set in many countries.

For more information and a demonstration of the iN∫X, visit www.fernoems.com/inx, or register for a special JEMS webcast in May on www.jems.com. — A.J. Heightman, MPA, EMT-P

I thought Stryker has Ferno pinned for a while, but this new stretcher blows away their "Powerload" system!

One the best features, besides assisting going down stairs, is the fact that you don't have to buy special equipment for your ambulance just for it.

Wow! This thing is amazing. We've got a Stryker power stretcher, but not the Powerload system. The cost of the Powerload was a huge turnoff for us. We're a small squad with less than 300 calls per year and could not justify the expense.

But even if the IN/X is double the cost of a Stryker stretcher, it would be worth it. We run a lot of day calls with just two or three of us retirees. I'm the young 'un at 66, and the less heavy lifting we each do, the safer for all of us. I grew up in EMS on Ferno 29's and just met the Stryker four years ago when I got back in after a long haitus. The Stryker is great on the ground, and loading and unloading from the ambulance if two of us can lift the foot end until the legs retract or extend, but with a heavier patient, it can be a stretch. Stairs and such are much worse. The IN/X would seem to solve many of these problems.

I like it!

Only places that will see these are VACs. No commercial company will spend the $

newsbuff likes this

Only places that will see these are VACs. No commercial company will spend the $

not when we just got the whole fleet using power-pro.

Edited by SRS131EMTFF

I would say it might be to little to late. At least in Western CT Stryker has an almost 100% saturation with power pros and a large number of powerloads as well. I don't think I want to be a test bed for this cot for the first few years, it looks like it has plenty of complicated moving parts.

Aaron

not when we just got the whole fleet using powerloads.

Then you are lucky to work where you do...

Then you are lucky to work where you do...

typo, sorry, power-pro.