suffernH&Lbuff

How do you clean a lightbar?

7 posts in this topic

How do you clean lightbars? and what do you use? I am purchasing a code 3 Rotator and the lens needs cleaning. Thank you!

Get one of the headlight polishing kits if that doesn't work.

Are they cloudy ? You can wet sand them with very fine grit sandpaper and then polish them with a sealer wax

How do you clean lightbars? and what do you use? I am purchasing a code 3 Rotator and the lens needs cleaning. Thank you!

Over on elightbars.org, there are a number of threads on cleaning and restoring lightbars. If you search around a bit you will find plenty of detailed info and product suggestions. I'm a regular over there under the user name Steve0625.

As the website's name suggests, they are focused on all things related to lights and sirens and related products. There's a lot of emphasis on restoring vintage and collectable stuff and on installs of current products.

FDNY 10-75 likes this

We are manufacturers and distributors of emergency vehicle equipment, including mini-light bars. We also sell used full-sized light bars locally.

If the polycarbonate lens is merely discolored, I recommend any of the "wipe on" products designed for vehicle headlight lenses.

If the light bar has lots of tiny scratches, then I suggest one of the kits obtainable at most auto parts stores, Harbor Freight, etc. that contain an arbor for a drill and ever-deceasing grit sizes of wet sandpaper.

Most light bars can be made to look almost like new with a little work.

dashflashad.png