Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
LineCapt

Chiefs Car License Plates

5 posts in this topic

I've noticed several Chiefs vehicles with custom license plates not issued by DMV driving in other jurisdictions. Aren't these vehicles required to have license plates?

My question applies to both career and volunteer Chiefs. Because I know most career departments have vehicles owned by either municipalities or districts, and some volunteer cars are owned by the fire company.

In NYS "Authorized Emergency Vehicles" have official official plates issued but are not required to display them. As the plates do not expire or have to be renewed. they do not have a window sticker like a normal registration.

career or Volunteer it does not matter. Its up to the department to display the assigned "Official" or a custom plate.

87D124 likes this

We originally used them on our tour command vehicle, but every time it went out on I-95 to a call at the toll barrier they sent us a big bill and penalty for responding to the tolls and not paying. So we took them off and no more bills.

87D124 and Bottom of Da Hill like this

We originally used them on our tour command vehicle, but every time it went out on I-95 to a call at the toll barrier they sent us a big bill and penalty for responding to the tolls and not paying. So we took them off and no more bills.

we did the same thing to.

87D124 likes this