Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ems-buff

what parade do you like to go to the most

19 posts in this topic

it's pretty Straight forward which parade do you guys like the most and tell me why is it because of the

food

the trucks

the company you go with

let get some feed back

Katonah. It's opening day. Great Crowd and a huge turnout fromlocal departments.

Mahopac! BEST damn sausage and pepper wedges in the world!!!!!!!!!!!! =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>

Really not into the parade thing anymore, due to it being totally to strict. Used to love parades back in the day. I have to say my favorite is the Mahopac, always fun, and nice scenery..heheheh. Bring back the lights and sirens, the heck with judging!!

I'd have to say Katonah is the best atmosphere... the streets are just LINED with people (though not as much this year for some reason) and Kisco is 2nd best, best party after in my book.

Mamaroneck

why mamaroneck is it because of the parade is it because of the carnival it gives you something for you to do after

They're all good in their own way. Parades that stick out the most are the ones where people come out and show some appreciation. A few that stick out are Mahopac, Katonah, Mamaroneck and Millbrook (Dutchess County). Sorry to miss some in Westchester, but we don't get down there too often.

My sleeper is Millbrook in Dutchess County. Small town in the middle of no where, but large crowd once you make the turn into town and the band music echos off the buildings.

Yorktown is tonight how is that one

Mamaroneck

why mamaroneck is it because of the parade is it because of the carnival it gives you something for you to do after

It's the biggest, most anticipated parade in lower Westchester, I think. My company has always been the host company for Port Chester. I see alot of people I know durring the parade and there's always an excellent turnout by both firefighters and spectators. And the carnival at the end is always fun.

I love mamaroneck parade.. its a great time of year and i haveto agree with eng64... it has to be the most anticipated parade in lower westchester !!! GOOD JOB MAMARONECK!!!!!!

all right !!!!!!!! northen westchester got nottin on us but to be fare lol what are some of the thing you can do at a northen westchester firermen parade

and rule number one for mamaroneck is horns and sirens are allowed occasionally. =D> =D> =D> :D:D:D

I enjoy the Peekskill July 4th Parade the most.

It's a day to be proud to be American, it's not judged, and TONS of people come out for it!

Parades are the best when people actually come out to see them! I enjoyed the HVVFA parade this past weekend in South Glens Falls - however I would have preferred watching it to see all the rigs and personnel. (Our pre-parade wiffle ball game ruled!)

As for parade food - BLAH!!! The only good thing is the food our FD buys for us ahead of time. Hot dogs are getting played out.....

MAHOPAC As said earlier the Sausage & Peppers are unbelievable. Their fair draws a huge crowd.

Mamaroneck........... No County Judges!

Be careful what you say - they may "gig you" a few points next time they judge you.

As a kid, I always remembered the Mamaroneck parade. Always tons of people tons of trucks, Vendors everywhere, the carnival.