ForkandHoseCo

Hudson Valley Craft Beer and Fire Department BBQ Cook-Off

5 posts in this topic

This August, Fork and Hose Co. along with Hudson Valley Craft Beer Week ,will be hosting a Fire Department BBQ Cook-Off with local Hudson Valley craft brewers to benefit the Stephen Siller Tunnel to Towers Foundation.  The event is still in the early stages of planning, right now our goal is to secure FD teams to compete.  If you love good beer and BBQ, all while raising money for a great cause, this will surely be an event not to miss.  I have attached a document which outlines our goals and details for the event.  If you have any questions please do not hesitate to ask.  If you are interested or know someone who may be, email me at forkandhoseco@gmail.com .  I look forward to hearing from you guys!  

Stay safe, eat well,

A.J. Fusco

Fork and Hose Co.

Find us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram @forkandhoseco

HVCBW FD BBQ.gdoc

BFD1054 and x635 like this

And just in case great craft beer and BBQ wasn't enough of an incentive, the following are just a couple of the prizes that will be going to the winning team:

-The team will get to brew a beer with Captain Lawrence Brewing for next year's Hudson Valley Craft Beer Week

-The team will film an episode of Firehouse Kitchen TV with Ray Cooney  

If you or someone you know is interested, email me forkandhoseco@gmail.com and please spread the word.  

Stay safe, eat well,

AJ

fdalumnus and x635 like this

Sounds like an awesome event! Look forward to attending, can't wait to which FD's take the challenge!

ForkandHoseCo likes this

Some people have brought it to my attention that they were unable to download the original documents I attached so here it is without having to download.  Sorry for the repetitive posts.  I look forward to hearing from some of you!

WHO WE ARE

HVCBWlogo.jpeg

• HUDSON VALLEY CRAFT BEER WEEK (HVCBW)- A collaborative venture to promote the thriving local craft beer culture in the Hudson Valley and bring attention to what Hudson Valley craft brewers, restaurants and retailers are doing all year long.

BadgeRY.png

• FORK AND HOSE CO.- A firehouse cooking blog started by local firefighter A.J. Fusco.  Fork and Hose Co. shares meals and recipes from firehouses all over the world, while putting an emphasis on healthier eating in the fire service.  A.J. also has a passion for craft beer and has worked at the Craftsman Ale House until recently.

OVERVIEW

• A joint effort between Hudson Valley Craft Beer Week and Fork and Hose Co.

• The event will be a BBQ style competition between local fire departments with Hudson Valley craft breweries pouring their beer.

• One of the requirements for the BBQ teams will be to use Hudson Valley craft beer in their BBQ (i.e marinade, sauce, side, etc.)

• There will be a token style “people’s choice” award and guest judges for 1st place.  We have some great prizes lined up but I can’t give any details out just as of yet.  

• Our goal is to have zero dollars out of pocket for the competing teams.  We hope to accomplish this through various sponsorships and donations from food suppliers, supermarkets, etc.

• Firehouse Kitchen TV Show will be filming at the event.

• There will be a $200 deposit required upon registration to secure a spot in the BBQ competition.  This will be refunded on the day of the event if the team shows up and competes.  

• All proceeds raised through ticket sales, etc. will go to The Stephen Siller Tunnel To Towers Foundation to help them with their mission of honoring military and first responder families.

DETAILS

DATE/TIME: August 14, 2016/Time TBD

LOCATION: Veterans Memorial Park - 182 Crystal St. Harrison, NY 10528

FOOD REQUIREMENTS:  

• 1 Main (i.e. ribs, brisket, pulled pork, sausage, etc.) with 2 Sides (i.e mac n’ cheese, corn, beans, etc.) with the use of Hudson Valley craft beer.

• We would like all smoked food to be prepared on site.  However, we understand this may not be possible so we are open to food being prepared offsite and brought to/finished at the event.  Please let us know what your intentions are.

We are still in the planning phase in regards to how many tickets will be sold, but for right now we are using 100 tickets as the baseline.  

Two prizes for the winning team that we are working out will be the following:

• Brew a beer with Captain Lawrence for next year’s Hudson Valley Craft Beer Week

• The team films an episode with Ray Cooney of Firehouse Kitchen TV

F.D. BBQ TEAMS (TBD):

HVCBW BREWERIES: (Potential Participants)

• CAPTAIN LAWRENCE BREWING CO. - Elmsford

• NEWBURGH BREWING CO. - Newburgh

• BROKEN BOW BREWERY - Tuckahoe

• YONKERS BREWING CO. - Yonkers

• KEEGAN ALES - Kingston

• SLOOP BREWING - Elizaville

• DEFIANT BREWING - Pearl River

• PEEKSKILL BREWERY - Peekskill

• NORTH RIVER HOPS AND BREWING - Wappingers Falls

• THE BREWERY AT BACCHUS - New Paltz

• RUSHING DUCK BREWERY - Chester

GOALS

• Provide a fun, exciting and delicious atmosphere for our guests and friends.

• Bridge the gap between cooking and beer through the use of Hudson Valley craft beer and firehouse cooking.  Let’s show everyone we can cook more than just chili!

• Raise money for a charity that does a great job supporting local military and first responders, such as Sgt. Lemm from West Harrison.

If you are interested in competing and think you can cook enough food for 100 people please let me know by emailing me at forkandhoseco@gmail.com or call/text me (914) 885-4462.  If you know of anyone who may be interested as well, please forward this info to them.  I will send out a formal Team Registration email in the near future.  

Thank you in advance,

A.J. Fusco

Founder/Fork and Hose Co.

www.forkandhoseco.com

x635 likes this