FF402

FDNY mechanic to be honored for saving department $700,000 with engineering feats

5 posts in this topic

This may be a first — an auto mechanic that saves people money.

A city-employed mechanic with the heart of an inventor is being hailed by the FDNY for doing more with less — and saving the city a bundle in the process.
Jomar Pichardo, 31, who’s responsible for keeping the city’s fleet of EMS ambulances running 24 hours a day, has saved the department more than $700,000

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/fdny-mechanic-saves-department-700g-engineering-feats-article-1.2893712

Great work by this civil service, union mechanic... Too bad smaller departments are forced to rely on private dealers who are not at all in the business of (or interested in) saving fire departments (and taxpayers) money ...

x635 and fdalumnus like this

Yeh he did such a great job maybe they'll give him a raise. NOT !!! As a city employee myself I would never try and save them money especially after the s*** contract they just gave us.  If I would be saving the Brothers money then it would be a different  story.. 

He won't get a raise but he'll be a Deputy Commissioner of Something some day or get jammed up because he makes people look bad (or feel bad about themselves).

Its odd how that works.

x635 and fdalumnus like this

On ‎12‎/‎2‎/‎2016 at 0:22 PM, mustang22_2002 said:

Yeh he did such a great job maybe they'll give him a raise. NOT !!! As a city employee myself I would never try and save them money especially after the s*** contract they just gave us.  If I would be saving the Brothers money then it would be a different  story.. 

You're not screwing the city, in the end you're screwing the taxpayers.

Unionport, bad box, AFS1970 and 3 others like this