x635

Boston's Newest Engines

6 posts in this topic

I LOVE this engine! It's a 2017 E-One Typhoon for Boston Fire Department, one of 23 that will be delivered to entirely replace the KME Engines that they were having major issues with due to the MaxxForce motor. Some of the no-nonsense features that stand out to me that I really like are the short wheelbase,  narrow conventional pump panel, recessed bumper intake and Q, painted rims, the stepwell for the doors which is kind of a barrier door-full door hybrid, and the reasonable height hose bed.

There seem to be a lot of departments returning to E-One after a hiatus, such as Boston and Chicago. To me, that says something.

Beautiful photo from MassFireTrucks.com

http://www.massfiretrucks.com/Boston Engine 16 2017.jpg

More photos and information from the E-One dealer:

http://www.greenwoodev.com/boston-ma-e-one-custom-pumper/

Billy, kj2557, Westfield12 and 1 other like this

It's meant to fight fires....nothing else. A true and pure pumper built to last the beating that get put on the truck.

vodoly likes this

Agreed on the hose bed...I'm always baffled by some of the high hose beds I see.  We've had many changes in cab and manufacturer in the FDNY, but the hose bed has remained largely unchanged.  Additionally, roll-ups and fittings are still easily accesible.  

Looks like a nice, purpose-built rig.  Painted, steel bumpers with 45* corners (an FDNY inovation, I'm told...:P)

vodoly, nfdcanman, boca1day and 1 other like this

Strictly a Fire truck made to put wet stuff on the Orange stuff Nice recessed in bumper Q  & Intake

x635 and M' Ave like this