vodoly

50 years ago Yesterday 5 Ridgefield Firefighters Killed in Cliffside Park Bowling alley fire

2 posts in this topic

Here's links to stories about ceremonies that took place Yesterday The Ridgefield 5 that gave Their lives that morning in Cliffside Park NJ  May they continue resting in peace http://englewood.dailyvoice.com/police-fire/videos-5-firemen-killed-in-cliffside-park-bowling-alley-blaze-honored/724310/

Edited by vodoly
Added info
AFS1970 and LayTheLine like this

I found out That Ex Fairview NJ's Ex Engine 3 a 1950's vintage Mack B pumper now privately owned & Resstored  was part of the activities last Sunday This piece actually oparated at the fire scene that faithful morning Ridgefield Engine 2 was a 60's vintage Seagrave Sedan style pumper  I remember this piece as a kid when I lived in ridgefield They actually kept the blue gumball light & placed it on their new Ward la France when it was delivered   I also had the pleasure of knowing one of the members that was at the fire scene that morning & have heard his recounting the story a few times very sobbeing He went on to serve as  chief of department for 2 terms

Edited by vodoly