Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x635

Best Fireworks Display In The Area?

21 posts in this topic

Just curious, besides the Macys display, who has the best (public) Fireworks display in the area? Where is it best viewed from? Why is it the best? Any associated activities?

Also, is the Macys display visible from any part of the area?

Peekskill =D>

Somers does a show, but it's for residents only

sleepy hollow country club, they put on a real nice show !

Fire protection provided by Briarcliff Manor Fire Dept, members of the dept and their families are invited to attend =D>

dobbs ferry has a nice one and younkers

If you are at any of the Sound Shore beaches it is great because you can also see the fireworks on the North Shore of Long Island.

Well if ya miss them this weekend--come to the Valley on the 23 rd for our town day--fireworks at the conclusion

When I still lived at my parent's they were right on the other side of the woods from the high school so you could literally sit out on the street and watch the bigger shells blossom over the trees. WE'd usually walk down the hill to the school and check them out. Nice display usually. Have not seen it recently.

Most impressive that I've seen recently was over in Rockland at the Community College. The town would put on a display there that was phenominal. We tried to go the next year but didn't hear anything about it, not sure if it still occurs.

Don't bother with the one at the Kensico Dam. We went to that one a few years ago and it literally lasted 5 minutes and was one small finale. It really did suck. They should just combine that display with Playland and save themselves the trouble.

Lake Carmel did one that I went to a year or so ago. Was cool except the finale accidentally went off at the beginning and sent a few people to the hospital (the fireworks guys I believe). They do a good display there and seating is nice all around the lake.

Where is best to go in the Sound SHore area? How is Playland??

If you're ever down the Jersey Shore or you're planning on going down the shore for a weekend, all the "major" shore towns (Red Bank, Belmar, Point Pleasant, Lavallette, Seaside Heights, Island Beach State Park) have really nice fireworks displays. Also, there is a display every Wednesday night from the 4th of July to Labor Day at Seaside Heights.

i think that peekskill's fire works will be the best in northern westchester or at least i hope so, they should be a good show they start at 9:00 monday night at the river front green in peekskill.

Yonkers usually has the best, if you have a boat then Yonkers should be the place to be. If not, then Dobbs is a pretty good show.

=D> =D> Playlands fireworks are good if you can get in =D> =D>

Take a ride over to the Palisades Parkway Alpine Rest Area. It overlooks Westchester and you get a great overview of all the displays in the county. Pretty interesting to see just how many fireworks are set off.

The downside is that you're not close enough to any display to really get a kick out of the bangs. However, one year I caught the Yonkers show from the park across the river from the ferry pier. Talk about "in your face!" The shell were going off almost at eye level. Very cool way to see the show.

Thanks for the info doug_e ill try to check that out!

Is it tough to get to the Yonkers show? Traffic wise that is.

I hit up a couple firework displays this weekend. First was on Sunday night at West Point. A bunch of us went up on my buddies boat, what an awesome display that was! They also have a concert going on right before the fireworks & we could actually hear the music from the water. They had fireworks that i had not seen before. They were shot off and went off in the air like normal, however they were attatched to mini-parachutes and they floated in the air for a long time. They were really cool, a first for me.

Last night, Monday, i went to the show at the riverfront. Man, did it suck trying to get near that place lol! I forgot how crazy it gets there & we were running late. We got down to the riverfront around 9:00 for a 9:30 start. We were trying to get to the yatch club but the road was closed. Luckily we knew the right people and were let through the crowd in our cars 8) . Again, i watched the Peekskill show from the water and theres nothing like it! The Peekskill show was very nice and seemed to last a long time.

The peekskill show was excellent, as was Ossining's on Friday - Mike - I'm suprised you didn't go to China Peer and go in with CVAC - I took the ride with a couple of members, and we got in no problem. Getting out was the hard part!

Art, i didn't even know CVAC went to China Pier for the fireworks. I even made last months meeting (i think) and i didn't know they were going lol. Anyway, i went on my buddies boat. It was hard because hes out of Peekskill Yatch Club which is over the Metro North tracks on the south side of the Riverfront Green. We flashed a shield and they let us through which was really cool of them. Plus we were indulging in some adult beverages, so i was definately OOS for the night lol.

But yeah, the Peekskill Show was definately impressive this year. It seems to have gotten better over the years, cause it sucked for awhile.

But i would definately recommend checking out West Points firework display if you ever get a chance, definately worth it!

=D> =D> Port Chester's fireworks were the best ive ever seen good times!!! [-o< [-o<

LAKE CARMEL HAD A REAL GOOD SHOW LAST NIGHT