x635

Harrison Engine 12

7 posts in this topic

Harrison has ordered a Pierce to replace Engine 12, which was damaged in Hurricane Ida and subsequently catastrophically damaged.

Request by Chief of Fire District #2, Ralph Straface, to approve the proposal from Firematic Supply Company to purchase a Pierce Rescue Pumper at a cost not to exceed $800,000.00. Funding for this purchase is available through Fund Balance of Fire District #2.  Further request for the Purchasing Department to issue a purchase order to Firematic Supply Company.

Harrison has also purchased an engine temporarily to fill the gap

Request by Chief of Fire District #2, Ralph Straface, to authorize a check made out to Command Fire Apparatus in the amount of $75,000.00 to purchase a 2001 HMA pumper. Further request for the Purchasing Department to issue a Purchase Order.

Wow, no new Seagrave. Could this be a transition from Seagrave to Pierce or just a one time occurance?

I think I heard it takes a while to get a Seagrave, so maybe they ordered a Pierce because they can get it faster? But they have a loaner and two other engines, so I don't know what the rush would be.  

Our Aerialscope is currently projected to take 500 days from when we signed the contract because of the supply chain issues. Our Pierce engine however was only delayed a few months and as of now we are expecting delivery in late April/early May but that could change. Total time for the Pierce is approximately 14 months without anymore delays. Not sure if that is now the case though if a contract were to be signed today, it may take longer. With the current supply chain issues the entire industry is facing delays.

x635 likes this

6 minutes ago, lhfdvolly said:

Our Aerialscope is currently projected to take 500 days from when we signed the contract because of the supply chain issues. Our Pierce engine however was only delayed a few months and as of now we are expecting delivery in late April/early May but that could change. Total time for the Pierce is approximately 14 months without anymore delays. Not sure if that is now the case though if a contract were to be signed today, it may take longer. With the current supply chain issues the entire industry is facing delays.

Firematic told me they're 15 months from contract signing to pre-construction right now and stopped taking orders for 2022 at one point. We're expecting delivery in May/June but like you mentioned, that could changed. They're having supply chain issues due to having to import the raw material that is used in making axles. They used to make them in the US but I was told that due to the emissions deal in the US, they were forced to have to import.

lhfdvolly and x635 like this

Pierce also has a large stock truck program, with some already on the line that can be modified quickly to meet the users needs. I wonder if this was a factor. 

23 hours ago, x635 said:

Pierce also has a large stock truck program, with some already on the line that can be modified quickly to meet the users needs. I wonder if this was a factor. 

Not in the case of our truck.