Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x635

Riverdale....Bronx or Manhattan??

28 posts in this topic

Depending on who I talk to, I hear different things about which borough Riverdale is actually in.

Is Riverdale Manhattan or the Bronx???

I am pretty sure it is on the northern end of the Bronx.

Riverdale is in the western side of the Bronx, along the shores of the Hudson and to Broadway on the East side.

There is a small section of Manhattan that is on the "mainland", that is Marble Hill (the Bronx side of the Broadway Bridge). That is considered to be part of the boro of Manhattan.

Some trivia - Manhattan College is in Riverdale which is in fact in the Bronx.

Reason for that is that the College was originally founded in Manhattan and moved to its present location in the Bronx.

If I remember correctly - Engine 52/ Ladder 52 Cover a portion of riverdale. That's the house that you can see if you're going up/down the Henry Hudson Pkwy.

Most definitly the BRONX. But don't tell a resident that they live in the Bronx. They will tell you they live in "Riverdale".

Riverdale is part of the Bronx. However an adjacent neighborhood, Marble Hill, is technically part of Manhattan although it is geographically located on the mainland (Bronx).

Most definitly the BRONX. But don't tell a resident that they live in the Bronx. They will tell you they live in "Riverdale".

Can't think of how many times I've heard that one.

COMMANDCHIEF wrote: 

Kinda like Yonkers and Crestwood :roll: ](*,)

Fire Department, Dispatcher 4XX,

Yes, may I speak to the Riverdale Fire Department??

Sir, there is no Riverdale Fire Department.

I'll let you guys figure it out from here...

It's the same deal with Bronxville. People there think they are covered by the Bronxville FD, they don't want the Eastchester FD.

This is not a knock on Rye Brook or PC, but IMHO, that is why RBFD was created, so the people could set themselves apart from PC.

COMMANDCHIEF wrote: 

Kinda like Yonkers and Crestwood :roll: ](*,)

Yeah......so??

This is not a knock on Rye Brook or PC, but IMHO, that is why RBFD was created, so the people could set themselves apart from PC.

well... yea.

Rye Brook has only been around since 1982- it took them over 200 years to separate the VILLAGE from from Port Chester, and looks like it will be just as long for them to completely figure out the FD situation :roll:

And regarding Riverdale- Bring an out-of-towner to EAST 233rd and then WEST 233rd and see if they believe that its the same place!

(East 233rd, Imperial Beverage Mart... ahhh the high school memories...)

PS- Under-age drinking is bad.

RIVERDALE IS IN THE BRONX, 52/52 (DOUBLE TROUBLE) IS IN THE 27 BATT. AND THE 7TH DIVISION

(East 233rd, Imperial Beverage Mart... ahhh the high school memories...)

PS- Under-age drinking is bad.

LOL....Maureen was such a nice lady!!! 8)

Ahh the memories of Maureen and those trips on friday afternoon when school got out. Cam, dont you miss those days?

Nothing better then a wasted youth......uh no pun intended.

Ahh, Imper.....many a Friday lunch time spent racing to get brews and get back to high school.....way back in the day. Wait, what does this have to do with Riverdale though?

It's the same deal with Bronxville. People there think they are covered by the Bronxville FD, they don't want the Eastchester FD.

so what wrong with Eastchester FD . I never heard of Bronxville FD did they ever have one before .

EMS-Buff

There is nothing wrong with the Eastchester Fire Dept. It has to do with the "Yuppy Bronxville" people. Basically some bronxville people think that because they have money their s*** dont stink, and they dont like the fact that something says Eastchester is out front of their home instead of something that says Bronxville.

thank you PUDGE3311 I MENT no disrespect by my post

Getiing back to Riverdale. It is the Bronx. 100%..All FD,PD and EMS units are from the bronx. The part down by Columbia Pres. Hosp off Broadway is the Manhattan line,near the 50pct.(where ess4 is).

There will allways be a dispute over where people "think" they live,but the facts remain. People that live in the north end of New Rochelle think they live in Scarsdale because of the PO,But the taxes go to the city. I have done calls in the north end and the first thing that was asked is why the scarsdale anbulance was not there.

so what wrong with Eastchester FD . I never heard of Bronxville FD did they ever have one before .

I'm not saying anything is wrong with EFD. But there is no Bronxville FD. Many of the residents from Bronxville think that E29 is from the "Bronxville Fire Dept" - not an engine company from EFD that just happens to be located in Bronxville.

i thought 52 truck was in the 18 batallion?

i thought 52 truck was in the 18 batallion?

I don't know too much about the City Battalion setups, but whatever Batt 52 Eng is in, I'm sure 52 truck is in the same one. Maybe JBE could verify on this one

I don't know too much about the City Battalion setups, but whatever Batt 52 Eng is in, I'm sure 52 truck is in the same one. Maybe JBE could verify on this one

52 Engine/Ladder is in the 27 Batt, along with 62 and 79 Engines, along with 32 and 37 Ladders (Division 7)