Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
61MACKBR1

Yonkers Multiple Alarm Fire

16 posts in this topic

Since this has now gone to a 3rd Alarm Assignment, does anyone have the Alarm Rig Assignments for the 1st Alarm Assignment, 2nd Alarm Assignment and 3rd Alarm Assignment (Rigs and Spares?). Also, any updates as to the fire itself (has it been knocked down or are they still opening things up, OR are they attacking it from Master Streams outsied?)

901-photo enroute to the scene!!

2107 hrs. - Bat. 1 reports fire knocked down checking for extension, all units working

2110 hrs. - E314, L70 to scene, B1 req. E314 & L70 to respons up Broadway into Hastings and back down Warburton

2115 hrs. - Greenville E151 to YFD H/Q

As of 21:07 hours, main body knocked down with all companies still working.

New Ro L12 and Mt Vernon E206 sent to Yonkers Station 12 for standbye around 21:00

Greeville E151 redirected to Station 1 around 21:15.

New Ro L12 redirected to Station 1 around 21:20.

Mt Vernon Ladder 62 relocated to Yonkers Station 12 at 21:30

PFD, you mean 901 wasnt on scene with first arriving units?

The fire building itself was pushed back off the street. You had to go up a long driveway to get to the rear. Not the best photo Opp. Pics will be submitted soon.

you could just see smoke and a glow from what news 12 had

How many runs for "smoke in the area" did Hastings get for this one.....thats right on the city line.

back in early november there was a 2 Alarm w SC at this same building, just only then it was day trime & on the north side of the building.

Shantz, I had to respond from my residence in Greenburgh

Were you able to get any photos from this job ?

i got only a couple, unfortunately, i rolled up as Batt 1 declared the fire undercontrol.... what i did take have been emailed to seth.

LOL! but NO!

lfdR1

How many runs for "smoke in the area" did Hastings get for this one.....thats right on the city line.

none

I pulled up right when E-309 was stretching the lines. I had my fathers camera at first so didn't have the options like my rebel does. The first few minutes i was too concerned on finding a way to get in the rear then taking pics [-(

I guess the Journal News STILL doesn't understand EMS....Empress did more than "transport", they also treated.

23 firefighters injured in Yonkers blaze

By CANDICE FERRETTE

THE JOURNAL NEWS

(Original publication: July 19, 2005)

YONKERS — Three firefighters suffered minor burns last night as they battled a four-alarm blaze at a condominium complex on Warburton Avenue.

Empress Ambulance Service transported 23 firefighters to St. Joseph's Medical Center and St. John's Riverside Hospital. They were treated for smoke inhalation, heat exhaustion and other minor injuries, Assistant Fire Chief Augustine Nigro said early this morning.

About 60 firefighters responded to 1200 Warburton Ave. — the 57-unit Esplanade condominium complex on the the city's west side — when the call came in at 8:21 p.m., said Fire Lt. Gregory Chapeton.

The cause of the fire was unknown. At least one unit was gutted and residents from five units were displaced, Augustine said.

Firefighters from Mount Vernon, New Rochelle and Greenville assisted.

The fire, which started in Unit 33 on the third floor, was brought under control by midnight.

Shelly Baldwin, 35, an attorney and resident of unit 45, said she saw flames coming from the unit across from hers.

She said she knocked on doors, alerting neighbors of the spreading fire.

"I ran onto the roof and saw it completely engulfed in flames, so I ran back down, and when I got there, the firefighters were there," said Baldwin, who later let displaced neighbors, including an infant, into her unit.

The Salvation Army and the Red Cross also responded, but none of the displaced residents sought shelter, opting instead to stay with friends and neighbors.

Early this morning, after the fire was brought under control, several residents could be seen gathering in the complex's courtyard and pool area.

The last firefighter to suffer serious injuries in the city was Thomas Connery, who fell from a fire escape on Warburton Avenue while yanking burning material from a window.

He suffered puncture wounds to his chest, a punctured lung, fractured ribs and facial wounds when he fell 25 feet at 156 Warburton Ave.