Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SQDBOSS

West Harrison Rescue 35

11 posts in this topic

We expect delivery Sunday morning of RESCUE 35. This apparatus is a 2005 KME Rescue Engine. It will be replacing Engine 266. On Monday, KME is wheeling it to Baltimore for the show. When it returns, I'll put up the specs in regards!!

Photos Photos Photos!!!!

I tottally forgot West Harrison was getting a new Engine (even though it was in ACS), so this is a nice suprise! That pretty much brings WHFD's frontline up to date I guess.

Looking foward to seeing it in person in Balto too!

Now if only the Seagrave would return!

Thanks for the info.

Great news on your new rescue pumper!

A word of caution when dealing with KME, take nothing for granted. We have not had a good experience with KME taking care of problems. Don't let the glitter of your new truck mask they fact it needs to be an operational truck.

Good Luck!!!

Are there other rigs in WC that are dubbed "Rescue" but have a pump/hose/etc?

from my expierence with KME its not the factory support......it is the salesman..... who is a little bit on the "well not exactlly" when you ask him a question about a problem or need.

We have had no problems with KME factory support and also

this is our 3rd KME with the same saleman and had no problems.

I believe Rescue 9 (Valhalla) has a pump and a small tank. Rescue 47 (Pleasantville) has a pump.

If I recall correctly there are several engines in the county that can nearly double as light-medium rescues with the equipment they carry....

E-270 (Yorktown)

E-248 (Millwood)

E-235 or E-236 (Archville)

E-92 (Briarcliff)

I believe most if not all of Mohegan's engines (E-250 thru E-258) carry full extrication setups too.

Rumor had it that Thornwood was building a Rescue/Engine

I'm sure there are many more engines that carry combi-tools or older tools moved off of dedicated Rescue trucks when new equipment was purchased, as well as other rescue equipment.

Yes, Thornwood is expecting delivery of their new Pierce Pumper/Rescue in September

The present R-47 has pump and water and the new one on order has 750 gallons of water and a 2000 gpm pump, Light tower, 20k gen and on board electric reels.

We have had no problems with KME factory support and also

this is our 3rd KME with the same saleman and had no problems.

Pete,

Nice truck! I saw it when we were down at the factory inspecting our new Squad. While on the subject of service, we have had problems with our dealer which I had to rectify in a meeting down at KME. We pushed KME into setting up another authorized service center at this shop in Milford, CT to handle the excess work in the state. Our dealer's service center was too overloaded and couldn't provide us with good turn-around time.

If you read this send me an email at: lhfdvolly@yahoo.com. To see pictures of our new squad, go to www.longhillfd.com. I haven't posted in-service pictures yet but they will be up soon. Also, go to the Station 2 page to see our new ladder tower.

Take care and good luck with the new rescue. Hopefully I will see you at Purchase's inspection dinner this year,

J.M.(Louie's brother)

from my expierence with KME its not the factory support......it is the salesman..... who is a little bit on the "well not exactlly" when you ask him a question about a problem or need.

I would agree it is the salesman. The engineer who was in charge of our truck has made every effort to resolve the issues we have had, within the limits he has been permitted to do so

Don't get me wrong, the truck they built for us is everything we could have asked for and more, and the problems were anticipated. The failure to respond was not what we had bargained for and two months of a cat and mouse game was enough.