Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
tbendick

9/11 Info released

33 posts in this topic

While talking about the French Filmakers Jules and Gedeon Naudet Documentary of 9/11 I remember feeling angry that CBS was going broadcast what I thought was just a movie about that day. My opinon changed when I realize that the filmmakers had been spenting the the entire summer filming Probie Tony Benetatos. The Two brothers did not just show up and push there way into lower Manhattan that day. For some unknown reason they found themselves in the attack. The Bravery of everyone Responding (FDNY/NYPD EMS PORT AUTH) is clear and the Footage was meant to been viewed.When Jules went to the suspected gas leak and heard the roar from above and turned his camera upward that is an image that changed all of us!

I listened to some of the Radio transmission on Firehouse . com and It brings back all the importance of having to help each other in the fire service.

Google "New York State Committee on Open Government" and you'll see the prinatble letter needed to submit you request for the 9-11 tapes. Send it to the FDNY Commissioner's office. Good idea to also look at the advisory opinions on the above web page. Importnat to know that it's illegal for anybody to ask you why you want access toi any public documents. And this does occur --for shame--too often. Also see if you can get the Journal News series about the Freedom of Information Law expose done several months back.