Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x635

New Turnout Gear For Yonkers

17 posts in this topic

19.jpg

(Photo:Matthew Brown, www.thejournalnews.com)

Yonkers firefighters Raymond Mahoskey, left, wears new turnout gear while fellow firefighter Hugh Fox Jr. displays his old gear at fire headquarters on Aug. 16, 2005. The new gear features padded knees in the pants, larger pockets in the jacket and a better-tailored cut that is less restrictive.

Anybody know the brand/model or any more details?

Edited by x635

Old = Janesville/Lion Apparel

New = Morning Pride

Edited by msm232

backs of new gear changed (see below)

firefighters wearing new gear still in orange\black

Chiefs are wearing lime\black (ala FDNY style)

w\ chief's name on lower flap (ex: BC Dunn)

WHY PLACE THE "YONKERS" ON THE TOP OF THE COAT? WITH AN SCBA ON IT IS COVERED. ALSO, BADGE # OR COMPANY # ON NEW COATS?

company number is on the helemt

Alot of turn-outs have the Dept. name on the top of the coat, i know mine does. I see what you're saying about an SCBA blocking the name, but thats not such a big deal, in my opinion. With Morning Pride gear, they (YFD) could have put the "Yonkers FD" on the butt flap, like some depts do. On my Morning Pride coat, i have "BFD" on the top & my last name on the butt-flap.

Nice to see that Yonkers finally got some nice gear for their guys! I love Morning Pride, its very light, durable & comfortabel to wear & work in!

Any Yonkers FD members on hear? How do you like Morning Pride compared to the old Janesville gear and just in general?

They will be putting the last names of the Firefighters on the Butt-Flaps.

The only members who will have their names on the Butt Flaps are the Assistant Chiefs. They also have tan colored turnouts with Lime Green Striping.

The FF's, Lt'.s and Capt.'s on the other hand will have the black turnout gear with orange striping as seen in the picture in post by x635, with no name on the Butt Flap.

Edited by Pal196

OK, here's how it is...... FFs, Lts,Capts remain Black w/ orange (NO names)- Chief's went back to Black w/ lime and names on tail. Reason for this is even though the gear is assigned to you, when necessary to repair, it can be swapped out with the stock stuff. Hope this helps......

OK, here's how it is...... FFs, Lts,Capts remain Black w/ orange (NO names)- Chief's went back to Black w/ lime and names on tail. Reason for this is even though the gear is assigned to you, when necessary to repair, it can be swapped out with the stock stuff. Hope this helps......

I have always wondered why Yonkers didn't "tag" their turnouts. I guess interchangebility was too obvious.....duh.

They also have tan colored turnouts with Lime Green Striping.

Oops... I mistakenly typed in Tan instead of Black.

They look good in that new gear, I am glad they got new gear for the firefighters I am sure it is more comfortable and less restrictive. Having new gear is important not all fire depts issue new gear which is not right. No fire fighter wants to wear old long gear that does not provide adequate protection.

my dept got morning pride gear about 4 months ago and we had an easy solution to the name on the butt flap. we had them put velcro on the flap and had a a tag made with velro on one side and our name on the other. this way if we needed to change coats due to damage or if there was a sensitive incident going on, we could remove our names.

19.jpg

(Photo:Matthew Brown, www.thejournalnews.com)

Anybody know the brand/model or any more details?

its morning pride gear, the same i use and the same f.d.n.y. uses. need more info let me know.

what are they going to do with all of the old gear?

Edited by Firefighter57

....throw it out

Edited by ChuChu