Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Steve

FDNY Resources To Katrina???

12 posts in this topic

Does anybody know what resources and the amount of manpower the FDNY sent down?

As of right now, there's possibly some of the FEMA TF guys down there, and a few chiefs heading down. You'll probably see some more down there in the days to come.

Just saw on Channel 7 News 300 members of FDNY being sent. Also The apparatus that was built in Lousiana and donated to the City of New York.

FDNY assests deployed:

FEMA Team = 17 Members

IMT = 3 Members

Task Force = 300 Members (Were to leave at 3am today)

Was down in Delaware this weekend driving I95 a few times. I happened to be going north on two seperate occasions and passed a massive convoy of NYC Transit busses (at least 50 of them) led and broken up by numerous NYPD cruisers. The second time, there were at least 50 NYPD vehicles, ranging from ESU units to cruisers as well as several more busses. It was quite a sight to see them all heading south in a fully lit convoy.

To bad they will not let the ems workers go down they only sent couple of medics down from the USAR team.

Was down in Delaware this weekend driving I95 a few times.  I happened to be going north on two seperate occasions and passed a massive convoy of NYC Transit busses (at least 50 of them) led and broken up by numerous NYPD cruisers.  The second time, there were at least 50 NYPD vehicles, ranging from ESU units to cruisers as well as several more busses.  It was quite a sight to see them all heading south in a fully lit convoy.

Tim hope you had a camera!! Sounds like quite a sight!

brgold, Looks like the FDNY felt right at home doing what they love wherever needed.

Chris, sorry but no camera. Lets just say the trip "wasnt camera worthy". Plus, it woulda been tough to take pics while driving.

Also an update:

FDNY sent down a convoy on wednesday.

The convoy of vehicles will be led by former Engine 283 (The Spirit of Louisiana ), which was donated to the FDNY from Louisiana in the aftermath of September 11th. Also, among the vehicles deployed are an FDNY Mobile Command Center, six battalion vehicles (suburbans) and one supply truck. These vehicles will be used to support the complement of more than 320 firefighters already deployed and working in New Orleans.

There are also asking for another list of FDNY members who might want to go down and replace the current members working.

I heard that they are on a two week roation is this true?

Edited by ems-buff

I heard that they are on a two week roation is this true?

Give or take. Nothing is in stone..