Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest DG795

Eastchester Ladder 16

6 posts in this topic

I am looking for opinions on the low-profile design of EFD L16.....also Mt. Vernon Ladder 2(Non-quint version) and the New Canaan Truck that is in the process...has anyone ever actually worked with this design? if so, your thoughts?

i think that they are a very nice truck and that balitmore has one to it is perfect if you have low bridges and thing also i like that raised cab look a lot and their is a lot that you can do with it

another note....one of the first departments to utilize a low-profile seagrave was the FDNY. in 1989-90, The city purchased 4 low-profile ladders, assigned to ladder co's 4,38,49, and 165. The reasoning behind this? each of these companies were designated heavy duty truck companies, with 110' ladders and a 550 lb tip load. (instead of the 100' 250lb. standard of other ladder companies). b/c of the heavier metal and fourth fly section, the height of the apparatus had to be reduced to allow the trucks to clear certain firehouses (all trucks must be able to get in to all firehouses, in case of relocation) by using the low-pro design, the ladders maintained the 130" height of the 100' ladders, and compared against the 1990 standard RM's, actually slightly reduced the loaded weight of the truck . These 110' low-pros all disappeared by 2001, replaced by 100' RM seagraves. Just a little history of the design.

DG795, Photo of New Canaan's new truck at delivery to NC is posted (currently) as the feature pic over at EMTBravo.com.......(Photo by Rick Lambiasi, Excelsior Sales and Service, Submitted By msm32) Nice truck and photo :lol: