Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JBE

October Open Houses

27 posts in this topic

Can anyone fill me in on Open Houses in the Westchester/Putnam/Dutchess Area next month?? I feel like getting out and doing some apparatus photography.

Thanx in advance, y'all.

The Hartsdale Fire District will hold an Open House on Sunday, October 9, 2005 from 10:00 AM to 3:00 PM at the Hartsdale Fire Station No. 2, located at 300 West Hartsdale Avenue, Hartsdale, NY. Fire safety literature will be available and fire department personnel will be available to answer any questions you may have regarding fire safety in your home. Please stop by with your family and friends. Our fire trucks will also be available for viewing. Hope to see you there!

New City (Rockland) usually has one, but I haven't checked their site yet. Couple of Orange Co. companies usually do decent ones, too. I don't get as excited about them the last couple of years, because in terms of photography, it's hit or miss. Those things are geared far more toward kids than apparatus buffs (or anyone else, for that matter).

The Buchanan FD will hold its open house on October 2 from 1-4pm. It will be held at our headqurters at 3159 Albany Post Rd.

All Buchanan fire apparatus will be on display. Cortlandt EMS, Montrose VAFD & Buchanan PD will also be on hand to conduct demonstrations. There may possibly be another special appearance, but it hasn't been confirmed yet.

Buchanan FD will do a stove fire demonstration, roof operations & a simulated mva w/extrication with Cortlandt EMS. There will also be other events, as well as door prizes, a fire truck ride and plenty of things for the kids!

The Mount Kisco FD will be hosting Open House & Fire Truck rides on Sunday, October 2 from 11-3 at the Green St. Firehouse. The Lake Mohegan Fire Prevention Trailer & Stat Flight will also be present.

Brewster FD open house Sun Oct 16

Edited by bfd603

Golden's Bridge will have an open house 1:00 - 3:00 on Sunday, October 16.

Looks like I'll be doing a lot of running around the next couple of weekends. Thanx for the updates, gang.

I beleave that Millwoods is on the 9th

Pretty sure the annual CFD Fire Fair is on Sunday October 9th at Harmon Firehouse. Fire Truck Rides are the reward for those that complete the fire safety work stations.

Brewster FD open house Sun Oct 16

from 12pm to 4pm

The 24th Annual Croton FD Fire Fair is on Sunday October 9th at Harmon Firehouse from 1pm - 5pm. Fire Truck Rides are the reward for those that complete the fire safety work stations. These stations include the "Stop, Drop & Roll," "E.D.I.T.H.," and "Get out safe" participation stations.

CFD personnel will be visiting the local school beginning this week to promote fire safety.

Looks like I will be hitting Mahopac and Mt Kisco tomorrow, possibly Carmels' if it's tomorrow. Somers and definitely LCFD next weekend, and job/schedule permitting Brewster and GB the 16th. Hope to see you guys out there. Just look for the blue eyed weirdo snapping shots of apparatus.

Putnam Valley Vac, Building Dedication is scheduled for October 22nd.

Due to the getting run over by a train feeling when I got up yesterday, I missed my little sojourn. I will however endeavor to be up there Sunday. Hey, LCFD, ya miss me??

Lake Carmel Oct 9

Mahopac Oct 2

What time does Lake carmel run and the location of your fire house

Thanks

Also need to know where Somers firedeot is located would love to take my neice there sounds lIke a BLAST also need location an address would perfect i dont know the area at all.

thanks

Edited by calhobs

Looks as if Lake Carmels' got cancelled. The Somers FD Headquarters is on Route 139 over by Somers High School.

I beleave that Millwoods is on the 9th

Millwood's open house is on the 9th from 1-4 in the afternoon.

Bedford Hills open house will take place on Sunday October 16 from 1-4pm at the firehouse. Demonstrations will also be preformed that day....should be a good day to come and take pictures of the event....

Wait. When did PVVAC go in thier new building. Is it just me or haven't they been in thier new home for a while now? Tho i suppose it's never too late for a dedication.

Lake Carmel's open house cancelled due to fire truck leaving for Mississippi- Open house to be rescheduled.