Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
stephen morea

Continental Village Apparatus?

9 posts in this topic

can any one tell me what continentle village runs as far as trucks,chiefscars and antiques go . i do know that on a photo hunt they got alot of pictures, but i do know their is alot more than that. also, who tone them out westchester or putnam?thanx, for any info.

... also, who tone them out westchester or putnam?thanx, for any info.

I'm not sure on equiptment but, they get toned out by Putnam County 911. If the job is in Westchester, they switch over to 46.260.

Continental Village Fire Dept protection area covers a piece of the Town of Cortlandt in Westchester and a piece of the Town of Phillipstown in Putnam. Just like Croton Falls covers the Town of North Salem in Westchester and pieces of the Town of Carmel in Putnam.

CVVFD is paged out on Putnam frequency, then switches to Westchester if the call is in the Westchester part of their district.

Generally, if the call is in Westchester, 60-Control recieves it then calls Putnam 911 either by phone or 45.88 to have them dispatch Continental Village.

I believe they have 1 chiefs car, a marine unit, 2 (or 3) engines, 1 tanker, and a medium duty rescue, and 1 brush truck. I could be missing something though

In the Village we operate 3 engines, 1 rescue, 1 tanker, and 1 brush truck in addition to a marine unit and a chiefs truck.

What are the years and who are makers of the rescue, engines, and the brush truck?

Continental Village runs

1 Chiefs Truck: 2000 Dodge Ram Ext. cab pickup

3 Engines:

Attack: 1987 Pemfab/EEI

Source: 1998 Freightliner/Marion Body Works

Source/Brush: 1980 Ford/Young

1 Tanker: 2001 Freightliner/US Tanker

1 Heavy Rescue: 1996 Freightliner/Marion Body Works

1 Brush: 1990 Ford Ulility Body

2 Marines:

16 foot aluminum used for lakes and ponds

16? foot Boston Whaler used for Hudson River

Edited by Truckie93

They only have the one boat, 16 ft Aluminum. They had a second for a while but it never went in service. No motor and finilly gave up on it.

Not true. The Village now has two boats. The Boston Whaler is the old Putnam Valley Boat which was the old Putnam Valley Police boat. It's in the process of being professionally overhauled now and will be in service shortly.