Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
beavis

Scott Eagle Thermal Imaging Camera

11 posts in this topic

Anyone have/ use A Scott Eagle Thermal Imaging Camera. Do they work OK, How do you like it? Need Feedback.

Looked at a demo once, I was not impressed

Which Eagle TI are you inquiring about? The 160 or the Eagle X?

I've recently done a lot of research on TIC's and I'm personally not a big fan of the Scott TIC's. I'm not saying they're not good, just not my preference comparatively speaking.

The Eagle's are larger than some of the other TIC's on the market and uses some of the competitors technology.

I must say I'm pretty much impartial to another manufacturer. I won't say who's as not to alter your decision. Again, just my preference.

Does it begin with a B thats the one I prefer

i think most people prefer item "B" Thats what my dept uses and so far, ive never had a problem with it, even though its mostly used in training.

Used it many a time, it is reliable decent battery life but by far is not the top notch model offered today by some other companies.

i think most people prefer item "B" Thats what my dept uses and so far, ive never had a problem with it, even though its mostly used in training.

I think he is referring to the Bullard line of tic

Ok, heck, the Bullard is what I was referring to. The T3 Max to be exact. Small, light weight, easy to use for your day to day op's. Combine that with the vehicle mount charging system and you'll have two batteries ready to go at all times.

I have seen isolated problems with the camera (short in the display connection). The local vendor was there to pick it up the next day with a loner camera. Had the repaired camera back in a week.

Best of all, we weren't required to go through the bidding process with it as there's a NY State bid contract for it.

As per the Scott Eagle 1. I wouldn't even consider it. Its heavy, small screen, okay field of view, not ergonomic, and most of all a BST sensor. With that sensor it just can't hang anymore. Plus there are so many microbolometer TICs that you can get for approximately the same $. My personal opinion is that the MSA Evolution 5200 is the best TIC on the market. Don't get me wrong the Bullard is a good TIC but I don't think its the best. I will support this statement, the MSA has a bigger field of view, extra safety features, larger display (actually measure the T3Max its not 3.5"), instant on, wider range in high sense mode and higher low sense mode all in package of the same weight. I took the Safe IR class and was able to compare them side by side. From all the research I've done I can say that there are alot of great features offered by alot of different TIC manufactures so my camera of choice may not be for you but I feel it fits the bill best for all around use.

we have the MSA 5000 it is great and the MSA 5200 is even better Thats the next one we will be getting