Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x635

New Local Apparatus Orders?

49 posts in this topic

Who else is getting new equipment, is Mt Kisco replacing ladder 43 or the tower ladder. When is Eng 104 going to be replaced. Yorktown is due for a new ladder truck the one they have now is 37 years old and that is a long time for a truck to be in service but I am sure it still does the job regardless. I hope all the new fire apparatus serves their depts well.

At this current time Mt. Kisco is prob going to replace L - 43 with another 100' stick before they look to replace TL-14. TL-14 is still in beautiful condition. I hope they go with Segrave! I also hope that 104 is kept and presurved. It is a beautiful truck. I love the look of the old Mack's.

Edited by RZ502

Last week in New Rochelle, I saw an American LaFrance 110' Rearmount stick that was un-marked except for "110' Aerial Ladder" on the ladder itself.  The guys were doing something with it at 666 Pelham Rd. along with E-24 and E-17.

I think they were checking the funcionality of the 110 in there city

they are up for a new engine 24, a mask service unit ( both to come in winter 05-06) and i believe a new truck, and a new heavy rescue are also in the works

I think they were checking the funcionality of the 110 in there city

they are up for a new engine 24, a mask service unit ( both to come in winter 05-06) and i believe a new truck, and a new heavy rescue are also in the works

10-8, I saw the "Spy Shots" of the new E-24, which looks great btw. I work about 2 blocks away from NRFD station 4 and usually their spare engine(E-17 or E-18) is housed with E-24. Does anyone know what's going to happen to the old E-24 or the spare once the new engine comes in? Is this new heavy rescue going to replace R-4?

The City of Rye Milton Engine just orderd a Seagrave rescue pumper.

Edited by cl117

I posted elsewhere too on this.

Yonkers is getting two new Smeal UT 100's on HME chassis. The are not in production yet but are on order. I was out at Smeal earlier this week for our new engine inspection. I'll check the next ti,e I go out in February and see if I can get a "spy shot" if they started to build them.

10-8, I saw the "Spy Shots" of the new E-24, which looks great btw.  I work about 2 blocks away from NRFD station 4 and usually their spare engine(E-17 or E-18) is housed with E-24.  Does anyone know what's going to happen to the old E-24 or the spare once the new engine comes in?  Is this new heavy rescue going to replace R-4?

As far as I know the old engine 24 will become a spare and either 17 or 18 will remain another spare down at station 1...the remaining of the 2 (17 or 18) may become a foam pupmer.

Also the new heavy rescue will replace rescue 4 and I believe rescue 4 will become a rescue geared towards trench/collapse.

As far as I know the old engine 24 will become a spare and either 17 or 18 will remain another spare down at station 1...the remaining of the 2 (17 or 18) may become a foam pupmer.

Also the new heavy rescue will replace rescue 4 and I believe rescue 4 will become a rescue geared towards trench/collapse.

A foam pumper would be a good idea with all the marinas in the city. When you think about it, a boat(yatch) is just a big floating gas tank. Thanks for the info.

Stamford Fire Rescue has another HME Silverfox 1500/750/50 pumper on order that should be in by February or March. From what I've heard it's going to E-7. With that addition every front line engine will be an HME except E-2 (1995 Spartan / General)...and that's next!

The SFRD also has a HME 100+' rear mount on order but that probably won't be in until the end of '06 or early '07.

Happy Holidays Everyone!!!

be Safe!!

SFRD49

JUST WONDERING....what ever happened to the new tanker 6 in katonah?

It will be here very soon. I post when it comes in.

Somers-

Placing add-on order for another Ambulance, to replace current 80B1.  What to do with the curent 80B1 is in the Talking stage now.  Possibilty that it will be converted into SCUBA rescue vehicle, and replace the current U-34.

Committee formed to replace MA-14.  Current MA-14 will become Utility 5 and the Current U-5 will be disposed of.

Vote to reform Apparatus Committee for a new Engine 184 to replace Engine 188.  When the new E-184 arrives, E-188 will be placed in reserve and E-186 will be disposed of.

I believe somers is also specing out a new seagrave ladder truck but not sure if thats just a rumor

Kent Fire department had on order a 2006 wheel coach class III on order which they should be receiving mid march. In feb they will also be receiving a 2006 sterling ALF midi pumper its a 4 door 4x4 stainless steel body 1000 GPM PTO waterous pump a 500 gallson tank and Cat 330 engine.

Has New Canaan, CT ordered a new tanker yet??? Tanker 8 leaks and isn't doing the job.

Dobbs Ferry got a new 2091. They have had it they just got it back from getting it decaled yesterday.

The City of Poughkeepsie has placed an order with Gowans/Knight for a 1500GPM rescue pumper on a Spartan chassis. Delivery expected in September,

I know that yonkers ordered, I believe 7 new american la france engines to replace the smeal engines.

Mahopac Falls F.D. has just signed an order with Marion for a replacement to a 1972 Mack Tanker that is out of Station 2. The new truck will be a bigger version of the current 19-2-1 (that can be seen on the departments website.) The new truck is going to be a 2500 gallon tanker/pumper and should arrive in approx. 12 months. Also a new chiefs vehicle or vehicles and scuba vehicle are in the talks. More info to follow...

Has New Canaan, CT ordered a new tanker yet??? Tanker 8 leaks and isn't doing the job.

Nothing through the grapevine yet. Would be interesting though to see if they will refurb the unit or replkace it with a pumper-tanker on a custom chassis or go with a straight tanker and pump on a commercial. Don't see too many Ward LaFrance Ambassador pumper tankers. New Cannan and Fort Montgomery are the only two in this area I know of.

Nothing through the grapevine yet.  Would be interesting though to see if they will refurb the unit or replkace it with a pumper-tanker on a custom chassis or go with a straight tanker and pump on a commercial.  Don't see too many Ward LaFrance Ambassador pumper tankers.  New Cannan and Fort Montgomery are the only two in this area I know of.

Their spec went out last month. Bids are due back in about 2 or 3 more weeks.

Edited by EWFAC-1075