Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JBJ1202

Vol. Chief Drivers...

7 posts in this topic

Can someone please give me a description of exactly what the role of a chief driver in a volunteer department is?

The description my Dept. uses for CHIEF DRIVER is: Better known in my Dept. is Engineer, is the primary person who has been elected to handle the maintenance, training etc. of a particular piece of apparatus. It is their responsibility to maintain the apparatus, train others on the piece, and it is their priamry job to drive/operate the apparatus at an incident. The CHIEF DRIVER answers to his superior officers directly, to handle any problems, scheduling of maintenance, training, etc. Basically he is the chaffeur for the company.

Also,he is the like the desigated driver. He will drive the chief in case  he decides to have a few at the firehouse bar or local watering hole. (Of course, only if that chief is of legal drinking age. )

lol, i thought it was funny

cheif drivers i thought were the same as a head driver making sure all aspects of a piece of apparatus are up to par as well as the other drivers who use it are trained properly.

Fuego's post can be taken in many ways depending on interpretation. Sometimes not throwing fuel on the fire helps. Just for FYI I'm keeping tight reigns on this thread, keep it clean.

Usually they are in charge of driver training and alike for that rig if I am correct.

Can someone please give me a description of exactly what the role of a chief driver in a volunteer department is?