Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Porsha911gt3

UNIDEN Fire Tone Out Scanner

11 posts in this topic

Does anyone have a new scanner with fire tone out. I was just wondering how well they work, and how many sets of tones and channels you can use for fire tone out.

I have the BCT396T. It is great, works every time, and doesn't go off when it is not supposed to like the Minitor V. As to the number of tones you can store, you can have 10 alerts when in the alert mode or "TONE-OUT MODE."

Thing is, the thing won't go off unless it is in the "TONE-OUT MODE." It has to be held on the frequency, and in that mode. You can not scan in this mode. It is rumored that the next Uniden digital scanner, coming in May '06, will have a feature where you can scan and alert.

I haven't heard of this feature and I am not clear with how it operates, but it sounds very interesting. Does it work like a pager where you can set it to "alert only" and it will silently monitor until the tones you entered come across, after which it opens up the channel? Or does it always have to be monitoring the frequency actively?

You have to put the scanner into "TONE OUT MODE," it will monitor only one frequency. When the tones go out, the alert goes off, very much like a minitor.

I got one of those new Uniden Fire Tone out scanners. I have the BR330T. It's pretty nice . I had the BC246T, there pretty much the same with a few differences, such as the tone out mode. I am very satisfied with it, but I must say I wish the tones were longer, all you get is like a loud 1-2 second tone, there are 10 different ones to chose from but they are all extremely short. Overall I really like it, and I think it was definitely worth the money.

I am ashamed to call myself a buff right now. I never heard about these till now, yes Like Remember585 said how much are they and were can I get one. Also I'm assuming its a desktop unit and not handheld aswell.

Pretty much this is kinda what you could call a newer style plectron if you will?

Where can I go about finding the tone alert codes for a specific department? IE: when you have to reprogram a pager.

the only site I know of is NF2G.com, it is excellent tho, otherwise talk to your chief or who ever does the pager programing in your department

I am ashamed to call myself a buff right now. I never heard about these till now, yes Like Remember585 said how much are they and were can I get one. Also I'm assuming its a desktop unit and not handheld aswell.

Pretty much this is kinda what you could call a newer style plectron if you will?

The BR330T scanner that i have is a hand held scanner, Uniden is coming out with a base model in late spring 2006 with the fire tone out, but it will also be digital so it will run in the $600 price range. Check out Scanners-r-us.com or Uniden.com for details and prices, I paid around $365