Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x635

"Firehouse USA" Cancelled

9 posts in this topic

Well, now it appears that Firehouse USA has been cancelled.

The show, which the remaining episodes were removed from Tuesdays and bumped to Sunday afternoons, have been pulled of the Discovery Channels schedule.

Additionally, the shows website and link on the Discovery page has disappeared. (There is one still that can be found through a search, but it is the old, outdated one)

Discovery Channel did a really lousy job on this show, from choosing the location to filming to editing to narrating to promoting the show. This had a lot of potential, IMO....and I hope this doesn't set a precedent for other general public firefighting shows.

There is a RUMOR that the remaining episodes will air in December, but DSC has changed their story so many times with the airings of this show that when it airs, I will believe it.

As bad as it was, I will still mis it, as I am a big Boston buff.

Edited by x635

This is very disappointing. I liked the show, mostly because it was the only decent firefighting show on television. Sad that they cancel this stuff, but I guess there is not a large enough group of watchers, or the money for the show went away. Hopefully, the show will come back, in a city like LA, or Miami.

Show had alot of potential, but was very, very slow moving. What was a 60 minute shopw could have been cut to 30 minutes..

maybe theyre starting a new show in january or feb. i could be another city.

I really enjoyed this show as well and I am dissapointed that it is not playing anymore. Hopefully there will be more shows like it in the future that more of the general public will like.

really is a shame they bomed another one.. I was really dissapointed back when cbs cancelled "the bravest" IMO was a good program. they pust stuck it in a bad time slot 11:30 on a sunday night was a horrible time. WHen Firehouse usa came out i thought it would do allright being in a good slot. I was supprised it was so short lived. It could have been done better , but was still a good show. it was fire related so i was watching reguardless.. What a shame, stupid cop shows can run for 15 years and suck everytime, decent fire shows come out and it can't even last a year.. I really wish they would bring back the bravest.

R.I.P. Firehouse USA, a moment of silence please

Good riddence. That show was an embarrassment to the fire service and a what not to do training hour on a gross level. Everyone everywhere does little dumb things, but much of that showed stupid things.