Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
EMTbravo

EMTBravo.com Front Page Redesign

40 posts in this topic

Over most of the Thanksgiving holiday, I redid the front page of EMTBravo.com a bit.

Although it's still nothing fancy, flashy, and certainly not loaded with the latest in web page technology.......it's what I want it to be.....clean, fresh, simple & uncluttered, modern, easy to use and friendly....especially for those with limited computer abilties.

So, now that the redesign is almost done, I want to know- how you like the new look?

Some of the changes include

-New header logo

-New grey color scheme and layout

-No blue or underlined links, and the new grey links turn black when you place your mouseover them.

-New Welcome/News box with Quick Links to either the latest photos or the forums

-Incident Alerts on the front page, split into Westchester, Regional, and National categories

-Latest Forum Topics

-Complete Latest Westchester Incident Alert box

-Links to the photo archives at the bottom of the latest photos section

-Streamlined the bottom of the page a bit

There are still some more changes to be made, and yes, we are considering a rotating image for the feature photo for the future.

Feedback is very helpful to me in running these sites, and I appreciate everyone who takes the time to give it.

(Note: Page looks best and was designed for Microsoft Internet Explorer and Firefox browsers)

BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!

It looks neat, clean and VERY well set up

aNOTHER JOB well DONE BY emtbRAVO :D:D:D:D

I think it looks great! everything is right there on the front page - no diggin around looking for stuff - Keep up the great work!

Looks awesome, every new design that comes out looks great! Keep up the good work!

Site seems pretty organized, tho could use a little more color/flash. Would you be open to having an ouside designer take a look at it? I know this guy that could probably spice it up a bit while maintaining the feel of the layout.

I like the shadow effect on some of the titles but does the shadow seem a little too far offset? Maybe have the shadow closer to the letters (a little closer to noon than sunset) so it's easier to read?

Great set up and easy to use, but I have to agree to add a little more color just to break this up.

If you want some ideas let me know.

Excellent work This is one of my daily first stop's when i log on

Everything looks good.

There are still some more changes to be made, and yes, we are considering a rotating image for the feature photo for the future.

This would be cool.

i like the lay out but still liked the headers to be a diffrent color. looks sweet though

Maybe we should have a top banner competition?

I don't like the new look the grey is to plain and a bad color.

I am new to this site but I like the changes that I am seeing looks very good

i think the "Discussions Going On Right Now In The Forums" part of the page is broken. Theres new topics in the forum, and its the same old ones on the outside.

i think the "Discussions Going On Right Now In The Forums" part of the page is broken. Theres new topics in the forum, and its the same old ones on the outside.

It's not broken. Click the "Refresh" button on your browser.

Also, note it doesn't pull topics from some forums, such as "The Lounge", "Buy/Sell/Trade", or the IA forums.

Looks much better with color added compared to just grey. Great job Seth.

Ok what happened? A minute ago there was a white background with grey boxes and blue links. Now it is all gray again.

Check out a special, limited editon blue background version of the new front page of EMTBravo.com

Click Here

CAM502, you must have hit during a quick live scripting edit I was doing.

Check out a special, limited editon blue background version of the new front page of EMTBravo.com

Click Here

The blue background looks MUCH nicer!

Edited by DOC22

go with the blue!!! keep up the tremendous job Seth! I don't remember a world without Bravo.......

Vey nice work, the site looks much better much more detail. Keep up the good work

Vey nice work, the site looks much better much more detail. Keep up the good work

i must be in the minority, i like the gray better.

dont hit me :P

i must be in the minority, i like the gray better.

dont hit me  :P

I also like the gray!!! But, then again, I like the content and probably could care less what you did to the actual appearance of the site. :P

Keep up the great work - time to get back to listening to the Yonkers job on Lake Avenue.

Edited by 1075thebox

I like the new layout. Very clean and simple. Forget adding flash. That just adds clutter. I do prefer the limited edition blue background over the gray. This is a great site, especially for former Westchester residents like myself. Sure helps me to keep up with what is going on in Westchester and surrounding areas. Keep up the good work.

Click Here

That is a great scheme. Keep it!

Besides I think the boys from Tarrytown 78 will like it a lot :P

I like the blue background can we keep it that way. Great job keep with the site.

:P much better than before,looks better with blue back ground,lay out is perfect,dont change a thing