Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
GoshenFD

HUGE Firehouse in Delaware

3 posts in this topic

112705111a2ge.jpg

1strespondernews.com link

I saw this article on 1strespondernews. From my count this firehouse has 14 bays and according to the article they are all DOUBLE drive through. That means there is room for TWENTY EIGHT pieces of apparatus! :unsure:

Has anyone ever seen a house this big? This one is just crazy!

They also just recieved a nice new engine wow!

the growth in this town is unreal. at any given time there's a couple residential subdivisions, corporate parks & strip malls being built & there's a huge automall coming around the corner from the biggest lowe's store i've ever been in. this is old, undeveloped farmland and they've got plenty of it and due to being relatively convenient to philly & anywhere in del & a low cost of living it's going to continue. the fire dept. there is the social center of town & they make a lot of money with their banquet hall doing weddings etc. they've got a well run, impressive operation going there.

Middletown's old firehouse is in downtown middletown was up there in age so they needed a new firehouse in the worse way. Some of those bays are going to be used for their antiques and their command vehicles beside their fire and ems apparatus.