Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
stephen morea

Brewster FD Fleet Question?

20 posts in this topic

I was on brewster f.d.'s web page the other day and was trying to figure out what they ran as a fleet, I saw many of their trucks, but still could not figure out exactly what they got. Yes, I do understand that this site is based out of westchester, but I have seen guys from putnam on here, so if you know what they got, any info. would be appreiciated.

Brewster has 2 KME Engines,a set of Twin Pierce Engines, A KME Tanker on a Mack Chassis, Thier Other Tanker is i beleive a 4-Guys on a Kenworth. They have a Ford/KME and a Chevy Brush Truck. The Tower is a Pierce, The Rescue is A Saulsbury. They have a set of Twin Horton Ambulances and assorted Ford and Chevy support vehicles

I see they like the KME's.

Just as a side bar, there are numerous KME's in the Putnam/Northern Westchester area. The one's I know off the top of my head are Mohegan (2 engines), Yorktown (3 engines), Somers (1 engine, 1 tanker), Banksville (1 engine), Mahopac (1 engine).

from what I hear Mahopac is not very happy with the one they have

Here's a shot of the 1998 KME Enclosed Pump panel 4X4 Engine.

post-2471-1133731066.jpg

Just as a side bar, there are numerous KME's in the Putnam/Northern Westchester area.  The one's I know off the top of my head are Mohegan (2 engines), Yorktown (3 engines), Somers (1 engine, 1 tanker), Banksville (1 engine), Mahopac (1 engine).

I really like our KME's, i dont see why people look down on them...unless its just because they arent the traditonal Seagrave / American LaFrance type deal

I really like our KME's, i dont see why people look down on them...unless its just because they arent the traditonal Seagrave / American LaFrance type deal

I really think its all depends on who you talk to. You hear so many good and bad things about all different Apparatus manufacturers. Like even Seagraves some say they have Electrical problems but then some love there Seagraves and there particular rig doesn't have an elec. problem and the same goes for some ALF's. It all depends on how you really take care of it and at the same time it all depends how your specific truck was built Quality wise.

post-553-1133745344.jpg

This last picture is 11-2-2 it is by the way 4wheel drive also. And the twin to it 11-2-4 is located at HQ.

Edited by DADAY

really cool pic's guys, do you know what brewsters 11-8-2, 11-3-2, 11-6-2, 11-6-3, 11-3-1 and 11-8-1, those are the rigs i'm confused with.

11-8-1 is a hose wagon. Not sure if it's still the old Ford with the reels. I haven't shot any apparatus up there in a while. 11-6-2 was at one time the Fire Police Van.

Edited by JBE

I actually used to live in brewster on Tamarix Drive off of Sycamore by blackberry hills (or blue can remeber). You guys actually went to my neighbors house a couple of months ago for my mom's good friend. She had passed away in her sleep leaving 2 boys and her husband. I think she was around early 40's to mid-late 30's. The husband had spoken to my parents after it had happened and said that you guys had done a teriffic job and really congratulated you guys on your valient effort. I just wanted to forward that information to you guys so you can let whoever was working that job know and let them know that their efforts had not gone unnoticed.

11-8-1 is being refurbed at this time, but it is the hose reel.

11-8-2 is a ford F250 extended cab with a utility body.

11-3-1 is a Chevy brush truck.

11-3-2 is a brush truck ford quad cab.

11-6-2 is still the fire police van.

11-6-3 is a Chevy suburban command vehicle.

I see they like the KME's.

We also have another KME being built now - should arrive in the fall

from what I hear Mahopac is not very happy with the one they have

Minor warranty issues blown way out of proportion. Our rig has been iservice since April with no REAL issues.

I really think its all depends on who you talk to. You hear so many good and bad things about all different Apparatus manufacturers. Like even Seagraves some say they have Electrical problems but then some love there Seagraves and there particular rig doesn't have an elec. problem and the same goes for some ALF's. It all depends on how you really take care of it and at the same time it all depends how your specific truck was built Quality wise.

This is true. Any apparatus made today is not guaranteed to be problem free. The best way to help minimize your potential for problems is to be extremely involved in every aspect of your apparatus.

I am a big fan of KME even though they are not traditional as Seagrave and American Lafrance they are still good quality trucks and there is no reason to knock on them or make fun of them. The KME Excel chassis is the best looking cab design among the other chassis.

This is true. Any apparatus made today is not guaranteed to be problem free. The best way to help minimize your potential for problems is to be extremely involved in every aspect of your apparatus.

Ken:

I think another important item is a good dealer with service to stand behind your purchase.

Are you referring to anyone/dealer in particular?

zow :)