Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jybehofd

Air Marshall Kill suspect

11 posts in this topic

I just turned on CNN they are reporting that an Air Marshall killed a suspect that might have had a bomb in his bag. They are reporting that there was no bomb, but the suspect was killed before entering the plane.

A man was shot dead on a boarding bridge to a Boeing 757 at Miami International Airport after saying he had a bomb, according to several sources familiar with the incident. Armed SWAT team members could be seen outside the American Airlines jet, and more than a dozen law enforcement vehicles surrounded the plane, which was en route from Medellin, Colombia, to Orlando, Florida from CNN

Way to go Air Marshall!

Way to go Air Marshall!

werd...taking out a terrorist, thats on less thing our country has to worry about now! Congrats to the Air Marshall on his accurate shot and kill!

Turned out to be some guy that was mentally unstable. Reportedly he has bipolar disorder and didn't take his medications that day according to his wife. Bipolar disorder is a severe form of depression that has periods of extreme depression and extreme happiness (manic). Seems like he probably wanted to end his life, since bipolar patients normally aren't delusional. But no bomb either way.

I know people are probably going to get up in arms about this event. However in this day and age, it's best to err on the side of caution. Reportedly he reached into his bag after refusing to stop. A shame nonetheless that an innocent person was killed, but what if he did have a bomb and the air marshall hadn't shot? We would have been mourning the loss of many other lives.

It may sound heartless, but one dead is better than two, ten, or 200. It's a shame we have to live in this constant haze of fear and distrust.

My two cents.

That's a good two cents, very well said unleashedff248.

He was about to board the plane with what he claimed was a bomb?

Aren't we suppost to be able to detect these before someone gets to a plane?

It's a shame that the Marshall had to do what he did, but as you other guys said, in these times we can never be so sure...

Poor guy's gonna have to live with knowing he shot an unarmed (and mentaly unstable) guy is bad enough but now it's come out there was no explosive device the press will make his life a living hell.

just saying the guy did have a device and got on board the press would then be asking "were was the security" he'd be screwed whatever he had of done.

I think he did what he was trained to do and well done to him

The air marshall had no choice. He is faced with a split second judgement decision that he has to live with the rest of his life. Maybe the mentally ill's wife should take some responsibility in taking a mentally ill patient onto an airplane, without taking medication. A normal minded person would think, that if there was ever a time to have a loved one who is mentally ill medicated, it would be during a plane ride, where there is no one to assist if this guy were to get out of control.

I think the air marshall was faced with a demon and now he has to live with these demons and critics for the rest of his life....

Good job.......

You don't get on a plane in this day and age and say "I have a..." followed by the words "gun," "bomb," "boxcutter," "knife," etc. and expect to walk off the plane living. The Air Marshall was faced with a tough choice, and the fact that there were no explosives found is immaterial; the individual made a threat, and every law enforcement official must treat a threat as if it is the real thing. It was a good save.

Why can't I say bomb on an airplane? What if I was a bombadeer? Bomb bomb bom bom bom bomb. Classic scene of Meet the parents.

Kudos to the air marshall program in the sense that they had a threat and they responded to it. I feel for the deceased's family and hope that someday they can find peace. The air marshall that responded I'm sure doesn't feel great, but he reacted as training and in a professional and competent manner.