Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest LAGRANGEFF40

A Large Thank You.....

14 posts in this topic

I WOULD LIKE TO TAKE A MOMENT TO THANK ALL 36 OF MY BROTHERS FROM THE 03-2005 PROBATIONARY CLASS . IT WAS A PLEASURE TO SPEND 14 WEEKS WITH 36 MEN THAT I NEVER MET BEFORE AND LEAVE FEELING I SPENT MY WHOLE LIFE WITH THEM. I WOULD LIKE TO PERSONALLY THANK CAPT FERGUSON FOR THE EXCELLENT JOB PUTTING THE 03-2005 CLASS TOGETHER AND MAKING SURE WHEN SOMETHING DID NOT GO AS PLANNED HE FIXED IT . A SPECIAL THANX TO LT VAN VOORHIES FOR THE 14 WEEKS OF GREAT TRAINING AND DEDICATION . THANX TO ALL THE INSTRUCTORS FOR THERE EXPERIENCE AND KNOWLEDGE IN THE CLASS ROOM AND ON THE TRAINING GROUNDS . PERSONAL THANX TO T-MACK, D/C GERARDI, CAPT DEMPSEY, LT RYAN , CAPT DUFFY ALL THE WHITE PLANES AND MOUNT VERNON INSTRUCTORS AND ANYBODY I FORGOT. THANX TO ALL THE BOYS IN CROTON FIRE FOR THE SUPPORT WHEN I FIRST STARTED AND YES I KNOW FIRE ENGINES ARE TO BE RED BUT I STILL LIKE THE GREEN ONES. I WOULD LIKE TO SAY TO MY 36 BROTHERS STAY INTOUCH STAY SAFE AND HAVE A GREAT CAREER

I Want Pics. Pics from the graduation let's go Seth step it up :D

Congratulations to the Class 03-2005!

It was truly a pleasure to see 37 individuals come to the Academy, and in 14 weeks transform themselves into a team oriented group of firefighters that I would go into any fire with. As a group you really came together, and I was proud to have been a part of your Academy training.

As you start working in your respective fire stations, I ask that you remember the 23 firefighters that died in the Line of Duty during the time the class was run, and learn from their loss. Always operate safely, and never cut corners. Remember that you are the future of the fire service, and it is up to you to reduce the LODD's number that sadly remained steady year after year.

I wish the Class of 03-2005 a safe and fulfilling Career. Always stay focused, and train like you life depends on it because it does!

V Squared

Thank You to all who have supported the class through the past 14 weeks. I personally could not of done it w/o the support of many people including family, friends, and people via this site, you know who you are. I would especially like to thank V Squared and the T - Mac - ulate for teaching me to trust my equipment because our lives depend on it esp our ropes <_<. We have had powerful speakres address the class such as Capt George Burke and F.F. Jeff Cool (Rescue 3, FDNY). Everyone of them touched, motivated, and inspired the class. Capt Ferguson, Lt. Van Vorhees, D/C gerardi, Capt Dempsey, and last but not least the T- Mac, have brought together 37 strangers, taught us lessons we will never forget, and as of 12/16/2005 inducted us into the brotherhood. THANK YOU!

Lunch Box,

Von D@#$%&h,

Edited by M2theAX

Well Brothers I can't believe its over, it went so fast, yet we all couldn't wait till the next step, weither it be CPAT or National Exams or Graduation Day. I guess this week starts the rest of our Careers and I am so happy that many of you work for local departments so we will be seeing allot of each other I am sure. To those of you up north or on the Island keep in touch and we will be sure to visit. We came in 37 strangers and leave as brothers that brother hood will always be carried on and off the job just as last nights mini reunion lets keep those meetings regular. We will always remember the hard work, hard times and all that we been through and lets never for get the nicknames or jokes we played on each other it only made us stronger. As our instructors told us were only as strong as our weakest link and I don’t think that there was one among these we all excelled and I know we all will continue to learn from each other.

Captain, and Lt. VV we learned a lot from you both and we all will always remember where we got our start. I wish you two both the best of luck and thank you for all the knowledge and the memories along the way.

2-4

well I guess its my turn to the class 03-2005 you exceeded academy standards-- there were times that even I thought that we might lose one or two of you. but you stood togeather and overcame the obsticales in front of you. you truly became brothers-- all 37 of you shouuld be proud to be called firefighters. As I stated in my remarks yesterday all the instructors only had one set of instructions from me:

" INSTRUCT THEM AS IF THEY WERE WORKING IN YOUR DEPARTMENT AND THEY WERE WORKING WITH YOU TOMORROW"

After listening to Brother Cool yesterday you know what that means.

To all congratulations your respective departments have just improved.

be safe/stay low/ may the gods be with you on every alarm.

remember you are there to protect lives and property do the right thing.

e mail me after your first fire-- dont call Im going back into retirement for a while!!!!

you guys know how to get in touch I still have the name tags

firecapt32

Fire Capt.,

I'm suprised to see you responding so early in the day since you are again retired! Its been a lot of fun, and I hope that my motivation and zest for the fire service stays as strong as yours is. The wisdom and experience that you instilled in this class was truly inspiring. Thanks for the memories, and hopefully we can do it again.

I'm leaving, but wanted to wish you a Great Christmas, and Happy New Year. I'll touch base with you when I get back. X635- I'll get new photos for you of your favorite secong home-CA

As much as it was a logistical nightmare at times, I have to say I'm sorry its over. I've built many bonds with many of you. It was an honor to be part of Capt. Ferguson's and Lieut. VV's staff. I was thrilled to be able to be part of your graduation and give Seth and Kittel their awards that we decided on. I hope to see many of you again in any advanced training you wish to look onto and I hope to see Skittles in Intermediate Rope to hang off another tower or building with him. You each answered the call and conquered. Now its time for your education to truly begin and start conquering new challenges. Some of you I know I will be teaching with in a few years.

Thank you Walter and John, you both did a fabulous job that will be talked about for some time.

Thank you to the class for all that you did for me during it. My birthday, the look in your faces when I taught you something new. The honor was all mine.

Wow, I can't believe 14 of some of the best weeks of my life went by that fast.

Since I was 14 years old, and first visited the training center, I had always hoped to one day see my name up on a Career Academy plaque. I remember wandering the halls at 3AM, back in the 60 Control days, and hoping my dream would one day come true. Seeing my name on the Career Academy Plaque Class 03-2005 gave me feelings so great I cannot even describe. I am so proud to have my name on that plaque, finally, and proud to be on that plaque with some of the finest people I know.

The academy was such an amazing, awesome experience. I've learned and grown so much, both professionally and personally. One of my favorite things about the class was that the instructors not only taught us how to fight fires and effect rescues, but they taught us about the spirit of firefighting and how to be better people.

I am truly blessed and appreciative to have the oppurtunity to serve in my dream department, to get hired with my good friend "Buffsdale" , to get to go to the academy with my now 36 brothers, and have instructors who made us who we are now.

I am very humbled by the award that was bestowed on me. I'm still in shock over it. I'm honored that T-Mac, who has been a mentor to me for a long time now, both as a firefighter and paramedic, awarded it. Everybody in that class deserves that award. I am also thrilled that my long time friend Novell also recieved the award-he came a long way in the academy. I can't say much else, since I am still shocked by it.

We all helped each other through the class.

I've grown a lot at 4 Dana Rd over the years.

Capt. Ferguson, Lt Van Voorhies, Capt. Dempsey, FF/PM/SFI MacPherson, DC Gerardi and all the other instructors....I will forever be indebted to you for not only being a teacher, but being an lifelong influence.

To my fellow probies: Thanks for always being there, having an encouraging word, helpful advice, making me laugh constantly, and giving me different perspectives. We did, and passed everything, all of us, together.

I will miss you all quite a bit, in fact I already do, but I know we'll have to have "refresher training" at some point....we can't let Cap get too attached to that armchair!!!

To all my awesome friends and everybody who supported me throughout the beginning of this great career, thank you!!

I hope to blog my academy experience when things settle down a bit.

Until the next class reunion!!!

17 Forever!!!!

-x635, Proud Member of Squad 1, and Probie Class 03-2005

P.S. VSquared-Can't wait to see the photos!

Edited by x635

This is getting teary--let me know when you guys get a fire!!! dont worry about the armchair x i can only sit in it so long before the itch comes back and i have to scratch it.

When all else fails--revert back to your training---it back ther some place believe me.

Seth, you and Kittle derserved the award. You motiviated the class-made us laugh,and you still did all the things you were supposed to.

HEY X635 YOU AND KITTLES DID DESERVE THE AWARDS GIVEN TO YOU. I WILL AGREE WITH THE CAPT BOTH OF YOU WERE GREAT IN THE CLASS. YOU GUYS DID WHAT WAS NEEDED TO BE DONE TO GET THE JOB DONE.

4-2

Hey Paulie...Good luck and Congrats!! Croton FD wishes you luck, and boy we miss ya.... The boyz from Washington Engine miss u, and so does the MACK and Tanker 10... U gotta miss the MACK... Anyway see ya around!!

hey guys- I saw skittles & singleton in the streets of MV all dressed n ready to go to work on 4th ave today. A small fire in the basement could have been their first "job". it was held in check with a little opening up to keep it from extending.

Im sure the boys were ready to do what they had to do---- 450 hours of training will make you ready.